PDA

View Full Version : First post....

theredsnapper
03-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd pop up and say 'Hello' from over the pond! This seems to the place to be as I've just got myself an all steel Serotta Fierte, I'm loving it and will pop some pics up soon enough!

Cheers,

Red

AngryScientist
03-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Hey Red!

Welcome.

mktng
03-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the community !

Cicli
03-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Hi, i am new here too. This place is great. have a 'nanna. :banana:

Oh, and I just figured out where "Across the hall" was. Now you tell me there is a pond too? Whats over there?

Louis
03-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Welcome TRS. :)

In addition to pictures of the bike, do post some of the areas where you ride - it's always nice to see what cycling's like elsewhere.

Black Dog
03-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard. Great people here.

nighthawk
03-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Welcome, Red! Pics of bikes highly encouraged.

ceolwulf
03-06-2015, 05:40 PM
welcome :hello:

93legendti
03-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Welcome!

weisan
03-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Red pal, you wouldn't happen to be OCD, would you?

makoti
03-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Greetings, Redsnapper. What part you from?

theredsnapper
03-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Red pal, you wouldn't happen to be OCD, would you?

Surely if I was OCD, I'd spell it CDO..alphabetical order...;) lol

theredsnapper
03-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the welcomes guys, I'm from the Steel City originally, Made in Sheffield!

But I now live right on the edge of the Peak District, in the Derbyshire Dales...give it a google, there's a big old house just 5 miles from me that you might have seen on the TV or in the Cinema, Chatsworth House.

Again, if it wasn't after midnight I'd go out and get you some pics, I'd even go on my lovely Deep Blue Serotta Fierte..;)

Red

David Kirk
03-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Welcome - pull up a chair, relax and have a beer.

dave

weisan
03-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Surely if I was OCD, I'd spell it CDO..alphabetical order...;) lol

oh crap, you will fit right in!

welcome home, bud. :banana:

wc1934
03-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the welcomes guys, I'm from the Steel City originally, Made in Sheffield!

But I now live right on the edge of the Peak District, in the Derbyshire Dales...give it a google, there's a big old house just 5 miles from me that you might have seen on the TV or in the Cinema, Chatsworth House.

Again, if it wasn't after midnight I'd go out and get you some pics, I'd even go on my lovely Deep Blue Serotta Fierte..;)

Red

welcome - hope you hang around for awhile as you will end up conversing with some really well informed people - you a Sheffield United fan?

soulspinner
03-07-2015, 05:37 AM
welcome. think I learned as much about human nature as I did bikes on this forum. its a great resource (with some awesome builders chiming in).

Ken Robb
03-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Serotta had some fun names for colors like Cha-Ching Green. Your Fierte may be Big Boy Blue. I'm not making this up. :)

theredsnapper
03-07-2015, 12:46 PM
More thanks for the welcomes chaps, and I do concur, forums on the whole can be a great wealth of knowledge and surprisingly over the years have saved me some money with the advice and experiences shared!

Sheffield United....I grew up within spitting distance of their ground, though more a rugby player, I suppose if I had any allegiances it would be to the Blades..;)

Big Boy Blue...Ridden by Red (My day to day nickname) that sounds like some sort of prison story....oooh!

jmeloy
03-07-2015, 12:48 PM
More thanks for the welcomes chaps, and I do concur, forums on the whole can be a great wealth of knowledge and surprisingly over the years have saved me some money with the advice and experiences shared!

Sheffield United....I grew up within spitting distance of their ground, though more a rugby player, I suppose if I had any allegiances it would be to the Blades..;)

Big Boy Blue...Ridden by Red (My day to day nickname) that sounds like some sort of prison story....oooh!

Flew out of LHR and in route back to Kansas today. Your weather there this week broke the sterotype!

theredsnapper
03-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Sure has....it's been very Spring like and balmy today, non stop sun and the nights are getting lighter...shame I was at work all day...tomorrow too!

Hope you got to see some of it!

johngmartin
03-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Welcome! Most important to remember: always use bananas!

:banana::banana::banana:

pitonpat
03-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the group Red. I have no doubt you will find this place not only informative, but also entertaining on many levels. May I suggest you use the sticky topic; Who Are You...

Having avidly read the Herriot books about the Yorkshire Dales, I imagine that your area must be a joy in which to ride. Photos will be welcome!

Pat

Climb01742
03-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Sure has....it's been very Spring like and balmy today, non stop sun and the nights are getting lighter...shame I was at work all day...tomorrow too!

Hope you got to see some of it!

Welcome to our little sandbox. New folks, new experiences, new perspectives are always welcome.

And if you can, please do send some warm weather our way. Winter has gotten very old indeed.

As a non-cycling aside, I've become quite a fan of 'The Great British Baking Show' this season. I lived in London for a year and the show is a nice reminder of some of the more charming sides of the English character...and stranger sides of English cuisine.;)

mike mcdermid
03-07-2015, 04:25 PM

I don't even post on herE but had to say

DEE DAR DEE DAR DEE DAR

theredsnapper
03-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the group Red. I have no doubt you will find this place not only informative, but also entertaining on many levels. May I suggest you use the sticky topic; Who Are You...

Having avidly read the Herriot books about the Yorkshire Dales, I imagine that your area must be a joy in which to ride. Photos will be welcome!

Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the pointer...I'll see about composing something, I'll steer clear from Heriott's embellished 'fiction'...;)

Red

theredsnapper
03-07-2015, 04:56 PM
I don't even post on herE but had to say

DEE DAR DEE DAR DEE DAR

Mike.....there's always one...lol....:butt:

theredsnapper
03-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Welcome to our little sandbox. New folks, new experiences, new perspectives are always welcome.

And if you can, please do send some warm weather our way. Winter has gotten very old indeed.

As a non-cycling aside, I've become quite a fan of 'The Great British Baking Show' this season. I lived in London for a year and the show is a nice reminder of some of the more charming sides of the English character...and stranger sides of English cuisine.;)

I can't claim any ability to change the weather, though I'm fond of both the Cycle show and our world renowned cuisine...;)

mike mcdermid
03-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Mike.....there's always one...lol....:butt:

No I'm only teasing, but feel free to tease, I actually have a framebuilding shop in PENIStone , yes seriously I'm from tother side of chapeltown originally but started out life in barnsley general but the startt of my engineering career was in Sheff and most of my nightlife

choke
03-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Welcome Red.

But I now live right on the edge of the Peak District, in the Derbyshire Dales...give it a google, there's a big old house just 5 miles from me that you might have seen on the TV or in the Cinema, Chatsworth House.I've been through that house....it's quite the place.