PDA

View Full Version : Owners Club

rpkm
04-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Well I finally did it! After 11 years on a Trek 5200 I broke down and rewarded myself with my dream bike, an Ottrott. My question for the forum is are there any real benefits to paying the cash and joining the Owners Club? Has the crash protection policy paid off for anyone or are there those infamous loopholes that protect you if you ever really needed to collect on the policy? Sorry aboput the cynicism.

Bruce K
04-10-2006, 08:35 AM
This has been talked about quite a bit if you check the forum history.

A couple of things:

The crash protection has covered garage door mishaps in the past so the "loopholes" are either very small or non-existant.

Refinishing is part of the Owner's Club package in case your ride needs a "sprucing up" or you get tired of the way it looks.

Discounted purchases of Serotta "stuff" (jerseys etc.) are a benefit.

Invitations or discounted pricing to special events are also part of it. These have included free registration to Open Houses, first "dibs" on the fundraising dinner with Davis Phinney, discounted special events, and such.

I don't know anyone who has bought the Owner's Club who has regretted it.

All my Serottas are enrolled and I just extended the Concours road bike.

BK

Serotta PETE
04-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Happy to see you are getting an Ottrott. You will love it!

I would recommend joining the owners club for the same reasons that Bruce has mentioned. Hopefully you will never need the insurance - but if you do, they are there to support you.

I can assure you that Ben and the gang do not look for loop holes to not honor the warranty and/or Owners Club. The items associated with the club are pretty straight forward and there are no sub sections or small print.

I have been dealing with Serotta and the team for over 15 years and you will not find a more reputable and service oriented company. PERIOD!!!

Congrats on your new bike!!

PETE

Bill Bove
04-10-2006, 03:20 PM
It's worth it for the decoder ring alone :banana: :banana:

Hey, you get to hang around here with us, what more do want.