PDA

View Full Version : No, I promise I'm not stalking you...

Louis
03-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Every now and then when I try to click on the little "Go to first new post" icon I instead select the thread starter's name, which is right below it, and so I'm sent mistakenly to that person's Member Information page. I then get logged and am visible to the user as a recent visitor to his/her forum "Home" page.

So, in case you happen to see my user name in that list and wonder what the heck I was doing there, chances are 99.9999% that I got there by mistake, not because I was trying to figure out where you live or work or anything nefarious like that... ;)

But for the 0.0001% of the rest of the time, yes, I am scheming to figure out how to get my hands on that Cinelli splash camo bar tape you have on your Schwinn Le Tour. Or is it on your Peugeot? Either way, I want it.

bewheels
03-02-2015, 05:10 AM
This is particularly true when using a tablet or phone to view the forum...

Joachim
03-02-2015, 06:31 AM
First rule of stalk club Louis, say you are not a stalker.

bcroslin
03-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Yup. Do it on my phone all the time.

Lewis Moon
03-02-2015, 06:37 AM
phone/tablet + fat fingers = stalker.

MattTuck
03-02-2015, 07:14 AM
Those member pages are just weird. Mine included. Like a vestigial tail that is no longer useful.

Lewis Moon
03-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Those member pages are just weird. Mine included. Like a vestigial tail that is no longer useful.

Yep. That sums it up in a nutshell.
Now if they would let us decorate them, say, with a lava lamp and a black light Che Guevara poster, that would be so cool.

jlwdm
03-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Happens all of the time from my iPad.

Jeff

unterhausen
03-02-2015, 07:52 AM
if the only visitors to your members page are moderators, something's up

Lewis Moon
03-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Happens all of the time from my iPad.

Jeff

Oh, and please don't say "there's an app for that", because Tapatalk sucks in a huge and mighty fashion.

Ti Designs
03-02-2015, 08:04 AM
But for the 0.0001% of the rest of the time, yes, I am scheming to figure out how to get my hands on that Cinelli splash camo bar tape you have on your Schwinn Le Tour. Or is it on your Peugeot? Either way, I want it.

My basement door is unlocked, I have a few rolls of Cinelli splash tape, new in the box, along with a good collection of 65-40 bars, 1A and XA stems and about a zillion 126 spaced wheels. Put on your camo suit (just wear dirty white, there's 5 feet of snow), break in, take the stuff, feed the cat, and we'll both be happy...

buldogge
03-02-2015, 08:38 AM
^^^Ed. are there any 65-42 or 44s??? (Sorry to interrupt the levity with vulturism)

-Mark in St. Louis

dave thompson
03-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Every now and then when I try to click on the little "Go to first new post" icon I instead select the thread starter's name, which is right below it, and so I'm sent mistakenly to that person's Member Information page. I then get logged and am visible to the user as a recent visitor to his/her forum "Home" page.

So, in case you happen to see my user name in that list and wonder what the heck I was doing there, chances are 99.9999% that I got there by mistake, not because I was trying to figure out where you live or work or anything nefarious like that... ;)

Hah!

redir
03-02-2015, 09:21 AM
I never noticed that before. In fact I'm not sure I've ever even looked at my own member page. I just did. There is nothing there anyway except for a message some one sent me a year ago about a fork, oops. I guess it's too late to reply to that one :D

SlackMan
03-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Thanks, guys, you've ruined my day. Here I was, thinking I'm some kind of celebrity because people were visiting my profile. But, no, now I learn it's just from accidental typos....so I'm essentially back to being a nobody. My whole, entire claim to fame just "POOF!" gone, just like that;).