PDA

View Full Version : Quick Step

Argos
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
So at one point they are leading the chase to reel in the lead group and get an isolated Boonen some support. I think they had the gap even coming down a bit. Then they all sat up. What happened? It's not like there were not enough miles of cobble for the cream to rise to thetop again.

Thoughts?

stevep
04-09-2006, 12:45 PM
they couldn't get there.
their model has been to pick 6-8 of the best belgian classics riders and force the race at arenburg... breaking a front group off with 3-4 mapei/ quickstep / domo ( in that day ) riders. they are then in control of the race and can dictate the finish. 30-40-50 seconds is a long way when the race is being driven by motivated riders.
this year they got it done to them... their guys were not there.
you cant win every race.
i blame the rambouillets.

Argos
04-09-2006, 12:47 PM
I think the rambouillets were perfect. Not one sheered steerer tube or torqued stem!

Bill Bove
04-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Maybe if they had put some crystals in those carradice's?

I'm cancelling my order for some Dave Thomas built 650B's.

stevep
04-09-2006, 03:00 PM
henry ford knew a hell of a lot about cars... but i cant see myself driving around in a model t.

Ray
04-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I think the rambouillets were perfect. Not one sheered steerer tube or torqued stem!
And they had a super-fine view of the Arenburg Forest as they meandered on through it! Hey, they make great light touring bikes and fixed gears (with an eno hub), but I don't think even the most die-hard IBOB would choose one for a race bike. And, yeah, there are some IBOBs who race.

-Ray