PDA

View Full Version : Data Point: Shipping Time to the Northeast

572cv
02-28-2015, 08:11 AM
Just thought it would be useful to note that it is good to be patient with shipping to the northeast this winter. I bought a fork from a paceliner, which shipped Feb. 10 from San Diego bound for Vermont. Arrived, yesterday, 17 days with USPS. Well packaged, no issues, but clearly the weather has had an impact on ground shipping. Good to take a deep breath and wait.

Spring is coming......

VTCaraco
02-28-2015, 08:41 AM
Can someone ship a little mercury for our collective thermometers, too?
Another below-zero start to the day in VT.

Just thought it would be useful to note that it is good to be patient with shipping to the northeast this winter. I bought a fork from a paceliner, which shipped Feb. 10 from San Diego bound for Vermont. Arrived, yesterday, 17 days with USPS. Well packaged, no issues, but clearly the weather has had an impact on ground shipping. Good to take a deep breath and wait.

Spring is coming......

carpediemracing
02-28-2015, 09:00 AM
When Amazon Prime had their $72 sale (vs $99), I decided to see if during checkout I'd get some discount offers. At the last point there was a $70 credit offer so I took it.

I was ordering some stuff, hence the repeated attempts to get me to sign up for Prime.

I placed the order Friday night using free shipping (for Prime eligible products free shipping is always 2nd day). I got the first package Saturday, as the snow started falling. I got the second package Sunday and we were in the middle of a massive dump, and in fact I didn't see the package until after I cleared a bunch of the driveway with the snowblower (the delivery person perched it on a snow bank next to the house, away from any drifting snow etc).

I don't know how they did it but they did. I actually felt like putting in the notes something along the lines of "there's a major snow storm this weekend, delivering next week is fine" and I was prepared to see a weather-related "Due to the inclement weather we cannot guarantee delivery in one day" etc.

There is an Amazon distribution center about 5-6 minutes away from the house but I think they're still building it and it isn't operational. No "same day delivery" options show up, although that's a feature they claim will be live win the DC opens for business.

On the other hand I sent something to a Paceliner (it wasn't a sale/classifieds, it was just me sending something). I think it took 2 weeks to come back (got refused by accident). It went out 2nd day USPS, expected delivery 2/9, arrived back here a few days ago. And the box was pretty beat up when I got it back.