PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on a decent Omloop feed? [SPOILERS]

MattTuck
02-28-2015, 07:43 AM
The best feed I've got is the very laggy/choppy Italian feed linked from cyclingfans.

it is so bad, I'm having to supplement with the cyclingnews live coverage.

bobswire
02-28-2015, 08:04 AM
http://www.sports-streams.com/ss4.php

MattTuck
02-28-2015, 08:19 AM
grazi!

bikerboy337
02-28-2015, 08:34 AM
dank! Couldn't get any of the other feeds to work on my phone! And this one is without all the junk that most of the other feeds pop up with...

Thanks again!

oldpotatoe
02-28-2015, 08:37 AM
grazi!

Looks cold.

MattTuck
02-28-2015, 08:52 AM
The maillot jaune had a flat! what, what?

ultraman6970
02-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Thanks a lot... peloton needs to fire some crackers right now, running out of distance.

oldpotatoe
02-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Great and somewhat surprising finish, even at the wire.

bobswire
02-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Great and somewhat surprising finish, even at the wire.

Yep, 3 to 1.

guido
02-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Very well played!

oldpotatoe
02-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Yep, 3 to 1.

Yup, I didn't want to somebody yell at me for a spoiler, but yes. Gonna be a long season for one of the 4 also, IMHO.

MattTuck
02-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Quickstep will be answering some difficult questions... yes, early season race. But, seems like a huge wasted opportunity.

oldpotatoe
02-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Quickstep will be answering some difficult questions... yes, early season race. But, seems like a huge wasted opportunity.

Did Terpstra not know where he was? Seems like he sat up just before the line. Was he done or did he think he had it?

Plus Quick-Step pooched it.

bobswire
02-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Yup, I didn't want to somebody yell at me for a spoiler, but yes. Gonna be a long season for one of the 4 also, IMHO.

I pretty much follow proper "spoiler" etiquette but anyone not wanting to know the result of Omloop would be an idjit to open a thread titled "Anyone with a decent Omloop feed". Just saying but thoughtfully Matt retitled this thread.

oldpotatoe
02-28-2015, 10:37 AM
I pretty much follow proper "spoiler" etiquette but anyone not wanting to know the result of Omloop would be an idjit to open a thread titled "Anyone with a decent Omloop feed". Just saying but thoughtfully Matt retitled this thread.

I posted my 3rd post only after Matt retitled it sir. Post number 13, look at the time stamp. 09:16(matt), 09:34-me. If he had not re titled, I would not have posted anything about the results.

bobswire
02-28-2015, 10:45 AM
I posted my 3rd post only after Matt retitled it sir. Post number 13, look at the time stamp. 09:16(matt), 09:34-me. If he had not re titled, I would not have posted anything about the results.

I know I caught that. Even if you gave the result in your first post it would have been o.k. with me since the original title would have let anyone know not to open the thread if they were recording to watch later.

sandyrs
02-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Did Terpstra not know where he was? Seems like he sat up just before the line. Was he done or did he think he had it?

Plus Quick-Step pooched it.

I don't know what could have happened there. Looked like he thought Boonen was still on Stannard's wheel or something.

MattTuck
02-28-2015, 10:56 AM
I figured I'd throw the spoiler in the title just so there wasn't any ambiguity.

Ian Stannard won! There's a spoiler for you :)

I was pulling for Sep. He seemed like the strongest of that group, but he just couldn't close the gap.

I'd have had Boonen sit on Stannard's wheel while the others attacked him. Boonen looked gassed after his hard attack and was never able to recover. Maybe he was the weakest of the group.... but I would have made Stannard close 3 gaps, starting with the weakest guy and ending with the strongest.

Hindsight and all... still, chapeau to Stannard. Great win, stayed calm and was the strongest.

bobswire
02-28-2015, 11:12 AM
I figured I'd throw the spoiler in the title just so there wasn't any ambiguity.

Ian Stannard won! There's a spoiler for you :)

I was pulling for Sep. He seemed like the strongest of that group, but he just couldn't close the gap.

I'd have had Boonen sit on Stannard's wheel while the others attacked him. Boonen looked gassed after his hard attack and was never able to recover. Maybe he was the weakest of the group.... but I would have made Stannard close 3 gaps, starting with the weakest guy and ending with the strongest.

Hindsight and all... still, chapeau to Stannard. Great win, stayed calm and was the strongest.

I agree, I would have let Boonen sit on wheels and go for sprint.

ultraman6970
02-28-2015, 11:44 AM
3 against 1... never expected vandenberg to go with terpstra in that attack, big mistake, vandenberg ended up acting like a bridge to NT, and TB trying to figure it out how to not to get lost in the back forever.

3 well placed individual attacks, all they needed to do today to win. Even more, around 30 kms to go the english was barely hanging them in the back.

He wont fair squared, nothing to do about that, the others screwed up? IMO yes.

weisan
02-28-2015, 12:11 PM
would have been a different result if it was Hincapie...:rolleyes:

weisan
02-28-2015, 01:07 PM
famous last words...

Asked if Etixx had erred tactically, Stannard replied diplomatically: “It’s a hard situation. There’s guys behind chasing them. They want to be in the front to try and win. So they had to ride hard. Maybe if the gap was a minute they could have played it more, but I don’t know what else they could have done, really.

“You know, thankfully the guys behind were still really close. Sep Vanmarcke was still riding really hard, and it was always 18 to 20 seconds. So the Etixx guys had tod to ride hard. Maybe if the gap was a minute they could have played it more, but I don’t know what else they could have done, really.
It played into my hands. Doesn’t get any better, does it?”

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/02/news/ian-stannard-wins-2015-omloop-het-nieuwsblad_361866#0GKsk0QX3Fu1v6hr.99

thwart
02-28-2015, 01:34 PM
OMG. Just watched the last 10 K on YouTube, before coming over here.

3 on 1, and Stannard had the legs to just ride away from all of them.

Unbelievable.

weisan
02-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Last year:
http://www.steephill.tv/2015/paris-nice/310-RTR3FV7L-775.jpg

This year:
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/hn15-sprint620.jpg

1st Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
4th Overall Tour of Qatar

velomonkey
02-28-2015, 05:23 PM
OMG. Just watched the last 10 K on YouTube, before coming over here.

3 on 1, and Stannard had the legs to just ride away from all of them.

Unbelievable.

Just watched the same video. For those that recall - Hincapie needs to learn, that's how you win against 3 on 1 and a Belgium team.

thwart
02-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Watched the last K again…

Boonen was close enough to them that Terpstra could've easily played around a bit and forced Stannard to go first. And then if he didn't go, TB could've closed the gap and possibly won the sprint.

Why Terpstra went from that distance, who knows… and then tried to close the door and pinch Stannard over into the barriers in the last 100 meters.

b021c
02-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Last year: ...

Nice - That's an interesting fact. Also, there hasn't been an Omloop winner to go on to win a monument since early 2000. I sincerely hope Stannard breaks that this season - he's one of my favored riders.

roguedog
03-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Congrats to Stannard. Looked like a good win, keeping his head on his shoulders til the end.

Saw this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATcEeNXrYY) vid and I'm a fan. Seems like a real dude.

1centaur
03-01-2015, 08:01 AM
3 on 1 implying odds is like people on Survivor saying they have a 25% chance to win when there are 4 of them left. Uh, no.

The mistake was Boonen's hard move, given he so obviously is not in great form. And neither was the guy in fourth. So they had three weaker riders against one stronger rider and they needed the tactics to improve their odds somewhat. Boxing Stannard in coming to the line might have been the move to make given lack of strength.

We have seen this a lot in classics in recent years: guys with a LOT of extra aerobic capacity at the end go harder and others just fall away, one way or another. Tactics become impossible when you can't get enough oxygen.

bcroslin
03-01-2015, 01:29 PM
What an incredible mistake by Vandenberg.

Cosmo gives a great run down on HTRWW (http://youtu.be/NcJ5Qq3OhuE)

nooneline
03-02-2015, 10:26 AM
What an incredible mistake by Vandenberg.

Cosmo gives a great run down on HTRWW (http://youtu.be/NcJ5Qq3OhuE)

I think everybody made mistakes there - except perhaps Boonen.

But the mind-boggler for me was Terpstra trying to sprint from the front. He absolutely should have won that race. His move was a phenomenally dull-headed piece of tactical idiocy.

Good thing that EQS had Cavendish to redeem them with a really terrific sprint win at KBK on Sunday.