PDA

View Full Version : Good Few Days Coming Up (Hr Record, Omloop, Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne)

MattTuck
02-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Cyclingfans should have coverage.

Thomas Dekker - Hour Record Wednesday
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad: Saturday. Wiggins is riding this
KBK: Sunday

Still early season, but will be interesting to see how Wiggins does as he prepares for Roubaix.

nooneline
02-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Yeah, when there was some news going around that Wiggins was starting Het Nieuwsblad, I got kind of excited. He tends to prepare not by peaking for one event, but by practicing winning other events - the year he won the Tour he also won Paris-Nice, Romandie, the Dauphine... it would be very, very interesting to see if his interest in Roubaix means a result at Het Nieuwsblad.

b021c
02-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Ian Stannard is the returning champ so I'm hoping we'll see Wiggo in a support position for Ian while bolstering his karma points for P-R. I thought last year's Omloop was an awesome race overall that Stannard won with solid tactics, strength & determination. In fact, I think Stannard is kinda getting the short stick as Wiggins farewell tour is overshadowing his beautifully won race & season killing recovery.
Nevertheless, I'm stoked for this weekend!

firerescuefin
02-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Yeah, when there was some news going around that Wiggins was starting Het Nieuwsblad, I got kind of excited. He tends to prepare not by peaking for one event, but by practicing winning other events - the year he won the Tour he also won Paris-Nice, Romandie, the Dauphine... it would be very, very interesting to see if his interest in Roubaix means a result at Het Nieuwsblad.

He's been very up front and vocal about targeting Roubaix this year as The Goal. Can't wait.

MattTuck
02-25-2015, 01:25 PM
If anyone is watching this Dekker attempt, you have to laugh.

The velodrome in mexico doesn't have the newest technology. The clock failed.

and now they're saying the clock showing on the screen is wrong.

I think they have an official timer, but it isn't tied into broadcast or for the spectators there.