PDA

View Full Version : Castelli Mortirolo Jacket: Use and sizing experience?

BumbleBeeDave
02-21-2015, 01:37 PM
I've got a Christmas gift certificate and a 35% off coupon that would let me get one of these for $50 . . . screamin' deal. :banana:

Anybody have any use experiences? I don't need comparisons with other jackets because it's this one or nuthin'.

Also any sizing advice? I'm 5' 10", 175 lbs, and 39 inch chest. I've done some Google research and seen conflicting info on whether they run true or one size small.

Thanks!

BBD

makoti
02-21-2015, 03:25 PM
I just got an Alpha. If they fit the same, I'm 5'9" 165, and I believe I measured a 99cm chest. I fit very nicely into a large. I actually bought the large & XL, to try for size. If I'd only bought the XL, I don't think I'd feel it was way too big. I can likely only get a base layer & perhaps a LS jersey under this in a large.

kramnnim
02-21-2015, 03:42 PM
My Small Espresso Due is big for a Small, 19" pit to pit.

binxnyrwarrsoul
02-21-2015, 03:50 PM
I just got an Alpha. If they fit the same, I'm 5'9" 165, and I believe I measured a 99cm chest. I fit very nicely into a large. I actually bought the large & XL, to try for size. If I'd only bought the XL, I don't think I'd feel it was way too big. I can likely only get a base layer & perhaps a LS jersey under this in a large.

Color on the XL? For sale?

LJohnny
02-21-2015, 03:52 PM
In my experience, they run one size small.

veloduffer
02-21-2015, 05:10 PM
I've got lots of Castelli stuff - Espresso Due jacket, rain jacket tights, jerseys, etc. and size up. I'm 5'11" and 173 lbs, 39-inch (99cm) chest, broad shoulders (size 42R suit), and Castelli is form fitting with an XL. I wear Large for DeMarchi, Capo, Pearl.

Mind you, I only wear a Craft base layer under my jackets and like it form fitting but not skin tight.

thwart
02-21-2015, 05:37 PM
I can see with more 'maturity', BBD has shifted to much more subtle bumble-bee-themed duds. ;)

old fat man
02-21-2015, 06:35 PM
I can see with more 'maturity', BBD has shifted to much more subtle bumble-bee-themed duds. ;)

:fight:

Haha

thunderworks
02-21-2015, 06:43 PM
I have a Mortirolo jacket from 2013. I'm 5'7", 125lbs. Wear a small . . .I can wear either a Small or Medium in most Castelli stuff. Smalls if I don't layer underneath much, medium if I'm wearing multiple (and thick) layers.

Gummee
02-22-2015, 07:39 AM
For me, it depends on whether I'm buying the Rosso Corsa stuff or not. If I'm not, I can wear a Med. If I am, I'm in a Lg at the minimum and possibly an XL.

5'8" and 170-180# depending on how fat I get over the winter

M

makoti
02-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Color on the XL? For sale?

No, sent back. Comp. Cyclist paid shipping in both directions, so it really was for sizing only. I was very surprised when they offered to do that when I was worried about sizing.

weisan
02-22-2015, 09:11 AM
dave pal, I have seen your closet, you need another jacket like you need a hole in your head. Send that gift voucher with the discount code to me, pronto! It will go matchy matchy with my castelli jersey and bib. :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
02-22-2015, 01:33 PM
dave pal, I have seen your closet, you need another jacket like you need a hole in your head. Send that gift voucher with the discount code to me, pronto! It will go matchy matchy with my castelli jersey and bib. :banana:

All the clothes are cardboard! :p

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
02-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Found this sizing chart online specifically for Castelli.

If anybody else wants to get a deal, it's Sierra Trading Post and the discount is 35% off any one item through Tuesday. The code is: SFB21915

Sorry, Weisan, you'll have to get your own gift card! :rolleyes:

BBD

weisan
02-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Thank you Dave pal, you so nice, I miss you...:fight:

makoti
02-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Found this sizing chart online specifically for Castelli.

If anybody else wants to get a deal, it's Sierra Trading Post and the discount is 35% off any one item through Tuesday. The code is: SFB21915

Sorry, Weisan, you'll have to get your own gift card! :rolleyes:

BBD

This what I went by. It said a large, it was correct.

BumbleBeeDave
03-02-2015, 09:33 AM
. . . and it's comfortably snug, with room for a polypro crew and Under Armour cold gear t-neck underneath without turning into Sausage Man.

I bulk up a bit in the chest during the winter with weightlifting, so the chest is snug when I stand up straight, but when I bend over the bars it fits much better. It's obviously European sizing, but also obviously designed to fit correctly bent over on your bars. I got the black one, but it has a (1/4 inch) reflective stripe down the top of both sleeves from collar to cuff, so an unexpected nice touch.

Thanks to all for your advice and I'm looking forward to trying it out!

BBD

kramnnim
03-02-2015, 10:05 AM
...so did you size up or down or...?

BumbleBeeDave
03-02-2015, 10:12 AM
I sized up and got the large and those who said Castelli sizing runs small were dead on. Medium would have been way too small for me.

BBD