PDA

View Full Version : Monster Cross RESCHEDULED

gmcampy
02-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Moster Cross 2015 update: Monster Cross moving to March 8th
It is with great turmoil, consideration and consultation that we have made this decision.

There are many reasons for this decision... most are obvious if you live anywhere on the east coast.

1. Currently the course is 100% not ride-able. We really thought we were going to be able to make the course ride-able, but with temps in the single digits all week (and most of us snowed in) we've had no luck.
2. Today high temps of 19 prevents any further trail prep.
3. More snow/ice expected to fall in Virginia tomorrow which potentially will make it more difficult for many of the racers to make it to town.

I understand that some of you will not like this news, but we worked out all possibilities and this really is the best/only decision that can be made.

The event has been moved to March 8, 2015.

We hope many of you are grateful for this news.

Regards and hope to see may of you in two weeks

b021c
02-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Whew. Kinda glad - I'll likely ride it now. Thanks for posting, Glenn

peanutgallery
02-20-2015, 08:17 PM
just to give some east coast perspective, my son is in Boy Scouts and they cancelled the Klondike Derby this weekend. Unprecedented as snow and cold is a major part of the goings on

I hope California slides into the sea and Florida is overrun by gators before Monday

brando
02-20-2015, 08:32 PM
#monsternots

gmcampy
02-22-2015, 09:37 AM
Whew. Kinda glad - I'll likely ride it now. Thanks for posting, Glenn

Yeah, glad they were wise and rescheduled. I did do 3 miles on he local roads in 5" and it was almost impossible to stay upright in the wheel paths, virgin snow was OK but any elevation meant PUSH up the hill, LOL
Hopefully March weather will be more cooperative. Only thing sucks is I will be in the middle of a new training plan....oh well :)