PDA

View Full Version : Silly question: Where do y'all stick stickers?

Coluber42
02-19-2015, 01:21 PM
People seem to be all into stickers for promotional purposes. Bike companies love giving stickers away. But, umm, where do you stick them? Do you have a sticker-covered trash can in your bike room? Sticker-covered faring for your roof rack? Stick 'em on your fenders or top tube? Lunch box? Instrument case? Laptop? Bag, if you have one you can stick stickers to? Give them to toddlers to play with, to the chagrin of their parents?

Just curious... I get lots of bike-related stickers and stick some of them on the case for my contrabass recorder, but I was just sort of wondering what most grownups do with them!

Gummee
02-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Garage fridge

M

dustyrider
02-19-2015, 01:28 PM
Water bottles.

Vientomas
02-19-2015, 01:31 PM
I put them in the trash can.

eBAUMANN
02-19-2015, 01:31 PM
roof rack faring, tool box/bench, frames occasionally, work stand, shop fridge if ya got one!

Auk
02-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Tool box, old floor pumps, file cabinets.

cp43
02-19-2015, 01:40 PM
I put most of mine on my bike box. The others go on the plastic bins I keep gloves/hats/bibs/etc in.

Idris Icabod
02-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Tool box. It's got to the point now that I'm disappointed when I buy something and it doesn't include stickers. Mountain bike stuff seems to come with stickers more frequently.

redir
02-19-2015, 02:23 PM
My bike work stand and shop doorway.

hokoman
02-19-2015, 02:26 PM
My toolbox. If they are repeats, they go in the trash.

TPetsch
02-19-2015, 02:27 PM
I can tell you how to remove* stickers.

dolface
02-19-2015, 02:27 PM
Tool box, bike stand, wall over workbench.

MattTuck
02-19-2015, 02:30 PM
I had a giro sticker that was on my toolbox. But it somehow fell of that, and wound up on the sole of my cycling shoe. For ALL of last season, I was riding Sidi shoes with a Giro sticker on the sole. Funny stuff. Every time I saw it, I laughed. It eventually vanished from my shoe. It was the most mysterious sticker I've ever encountered.

JAllen
02-19-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm afraid of sticker commitment. So they go in my junk drawer unpeeled. I don't know why I do that as I have quite a few bumper stickers on my car.

josephr
02-19-2015, 02:49 PM
1st one goes on the toolbox...if a repeat I'll stick it on one of the teenagers.

question: if you order something from Dill Pickle, do you get a sticker?

alexstar
02-19-2015, 03:05 PM
Coolest stickers go on tool boxes or metal 3-ring binders from Gall's. Others go on trash cans or storage bins. A few go on Nalgene water bottles. Hardly anything goes on the bike unless it's a small shop sticker, name sticker or something like that.

Steve in SLO
02-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Roll around Toolbox.
I would also put them on my beer fridge, but my old racecar numbers are already on it.

Coluber42
02-19-2015, 03:32 PM
1st one goes on the toolbox...if a repeat I'll stick it on one of the teenagers.

question: if you order something from Dill Pickle, do you get a sticker?

LOL No... I've never ordered them because I often don't know what to do with them myself! (But maybe I should...)

sc53
02-19-2015, 03:43 PM
I like the idea of putting them on water bottles! So far I have been using the round ones (unpeeled from the backing) as coasters. The others I have tossed.

DRZRM
02-19-2015, 03:46 PM
They go on my toolbox, some stick better than others (the box is textured).

kurto
02-19-2015, 04:16 PM
I stick them on the big Rubbermaid containers I use to store and transport gear, tools, etc.

CaptStash
02-19-2015, 04:23 PM
They either go on the rocket box or one of my hard hats.

CaptStash....

Ti Designs
02-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Specialized stickers go on the Trek rep's car, Trek stickers go on the Specialized rep's car. Shimano stickers go on the Sram van, Sram stickers are defective and don't stick to anything. IF had a combination water bottle and sticker set, but someone figured out that you could cut up their logo and write "I peed in it" on the water bottle... Sidi shoes come with a sticker set, Specialized shoes come with a manual - which one is more useless??? There are a few good stickers that I always look for. Schwinn had a sticker that said "Warning: wet rims require increased stopping distance". That sticker could be found on toilets in most Schwinn shops...

oddsaabs
02-19-2015, 08:13 PM
This thread requires pictures.

My box doesn't get a lot of stickers. Most of them have been there for decades.

Travel box is even older. These all come from the 80's.

jmoore
02-19-2015, 08:33 PM
beer fridge in the garage.

And I put stickers and a koozie in with every saddle order.

GRAVELBIKE
02-19-2015, 08:36 PM
Some end up on my floor pump:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5513/12731893445_00aa0fbdfa.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/kp5hme)

jmoore
02-19-2015, 08:37 PM
LOL No... I've never ordered them because I often don't know what to do with them myself! (But maybe I should...)

Emily, if you sign up for www.stickermule.com, they will give you a $10 credit to use on your first order.

pdmtong
02-19-2015, 08:40 PM
My CFRS sticker from atmo covers the calfee downtube repair on my cx.

Sticker about $450 cheaper than paint and decal match

Put the shut up legs decal on the other side

The rest go on the Rubbermaid transport storage boxes

peanutgallery
02-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Screwing around in the garage last summer I sort of totaled the beer fridge. Worst part was the collection of stickers attached over its many years of service

Long story short, quickly procured a new beer fridge and spent countless hours carefully peeling and reattaching. Its like patina

msl819
02-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Tool box for me too. I am actually opposed to stickers on things like my car but anytime I get one it goes in the tool box, but I like the pump idea too.

carpediemracing
02-19-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm afraid of sticker commitment.

I save them for when I decide to sticker up something. I have a big manila envelope thing full of stickers. My buddy did up his tool box, from back in the day. I tend to put them on my bike, eventually. I put a bunch on my car when I was a shop rat - the insurance company deducted $50 for "decal removal" when I got in a car accident.

When I was a kid we used to mail companies and ask for stickers. All the car companies would send stuff - Wynn, STP, Moroso, etc. I saved all my stickers, basically all car stuff. It was really cool until a bullying type classmate stole all of my stickers. He showed up the next day in school with his notebook covered in a couple year's worth of my preciously saved stickers, including ones that I'd gotten in Japan (race team stickers), Holland (similar), stickers that were basically irreplaceable. He showed me the notebook, laughing about it - there were so many stickers that they were on top of one another. It's about then that I got into cycling.

godfrey1112000
02-19-2015, 10:26 PM
9 years of road trips, new yukon xl new box starting fresh,
The pic was delivering it to a craigslist post

plattyjo
02-19-2015, 10:32 PM
We post them on empty space of the pegboard that holds our tools and Kuat bike rack.

JAllen
02-19-2015, 11:06 PM
I save them for when I decide to sticker up something. I have a big manila envelope thing full of stickers. My buddy did up his tool box, from back in the day. I tend to put them on my bike, eventually. I put a bunch on my car when I was a shop rat - the insurance company deducted $50 for "decal removal" when I got in a car accident.

When I was a kid we used to mail companies and ask for stickers. All the car companies would send stuff - Wynn, STP, Moroso, etc. I saved all my stickers, basically all car stuff. It was really cool until a bullying type classmate stole all of my stickers. He showed up the next day in school with his notebook covered in a couple year's worth of my preciously saved stickers, including ones that I'd gotten in Japan (race team stickers), Holland (similar), stickers that were basically irreplaceable. He showed me the notebook, laughing about it - there were so many stickers that they were on top of one another. It's about then that I got into cycling.
That bully could have gone for a good ol' fashioned beat down. Although it was mixed blessing as it got you into the beautiful world that is bicycling! I'm sure they will eventually end up on my bike. Especially when the wife and I go car free.