PDA

View Full Version : Wheel doesn't fit..what the...

sfscott
02-17-2015, 08:51 PM
I have been running a set of Enve SES 3.4s on my Ottrott with Campy brakes. Worked fine, as they did when I put them on my C-59.

I picked up a pair of Enve 25s and was running those on the C-59 with no issues. Then, yesterday, I tried putting the 25s on the Ottrott. The front fits fine, but the rear tire is up against the inside of the brake caliper, not the rear "fork."

Both wheels are running Veloflex Arenbergs (24-25mm). Other than not use the 25s on the Ottrott, anything I can do?

I would have thought the 3.4s would have been a tighter fit than the 25s.

Hank Scorpio
02-17-2015, 09:47 PM
So a quick look at the enve site has the 3.4 SES at 26f and 24r widths. The 25's are listed at 22 front and rear. The 25's must have smaller rim bed with although the exact number isn't listed on Enves site at least that I could find in two minutes of searching. I am sure you can find the exact number with a Google search. It really doesn't matter though. All you need to realize is the a rim with a narrower rim bed width will make the same tire more "light bulb" shaped than the same tire on a rim with a wider rim bed width. Thusly it will measure taller and give you the rubbing issue you are having on the rear brake bridge.