PDA

View Full Version : My re-born Tarmac

tlittlefield
02-14-2015, 09:33 AM
Well I had ridden my Tarmac Expert for four seasons and thought it was time for a change. I really did like the bike but needed some new inspiration (-;

Looking at new bikes to get what I wanted would be spending around $5000 to $6000. Then again the Tarmac frame fit me the best of any bike that I have ever owned over close to 40 years of riding and was still in excellent condition.

OK I will keep the frame and do a wheel and group upgrade, cost less than half of buying a new bike. So whole 6800 group, Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheels and for an extra because I got them on sale 3T Team Tornova carbon bars.

Love the way the components and wheels are just about the same color.

What do you think?

Oh and by the way I will be posting some 6700 well used but not abused parts in the classified section soon

peanutgallery
02-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Nothing wrong with that, my daily rider is 10 years old

You will really like the 6800, huge improvement

bikenut
02-14-2015, 10:00 AM
I think it looks great. Sometimes when you weigh everything out, nothing is accomplished with a new bike. At other times it does pay when the cost of the new bike is less or equal to upgrade the old bike.

benc
02-14-2015, 10:30 AM
I love bikes reborn. Black stem and bar tape and that thing will be a beauty!

tlittlefield
02-14-2015, 10:32 AM
actually I always liked the white stem, adds some contrast...

oldpotatoe
02-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Well I had ridden my Tarmac Expert for four seasons and thought it was time for a change. I really did like the bike but needed some new inspiration (-;

Looking at new bikes to get what I wanted would be spending around $5000 to $6000. Then again the Tarmac frame fit me the best of any bike that I have ever owned over close to 40 years of riding and was still in excellent condition.

OK I will keep the frame and do a wheel and group upgrade, cost less than half of buying a new bike. So whole 6800 group, Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheels and for an extra because I got them on sale 3T Team Erganova carbon bars.

Love the way the components and wheels are just about the same color.

What do you think?

Oh and by the way I will be posting some 6700 well used but not abused parts in the classified section soon

AND external cable routing-Huzza. My daily driver is a 1990 Merckx MXLeader.

Frame is the heart of a bicycle. The rest of the stuff around it are consumables.

kramnnim
02-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Did you take the picture before installing the new bars? (they don't look like Ergonovas)

tlittlefield
02-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Did you take the picture before installing the new bars? (they don't look like Ergonovas)

Good catch they are actually Tornovas, post updated.

crossjunkee
03-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Looks really good! I'm a fan of Specialized fan though. I currently have 3 S-works in the stable. How do you like the wheels, do you notice much flex during hard efforts, and how is the braking?

tlittlefield
03-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks...

Being here in "SnowHampshire" I have not even ridden it yet so not sure about those factors. But before I bought them I read every review I could find and not one negative comment among them

firerescuefin
03-06-2015, 02:36 PM
You did well...Looks great!