PDA

View Full Version : Happy VD!!!

1happygirl
02-14-2015, 08:38 AM
Ok, medical joshing. But seriously, logged in and see it was last year since I logged in???!!!! (See my last thread about family accident and bicycle non- profit as losing my motivation) but you Guys (and Gals) inspire me to attempt to get my enthusiasm for cycling back.

So the Paceline is my Valentine.

Thanks to you all. Have a great day.

roguedog
02-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Um.. the irony of the title made me chuckle! thanks!

Smilies back at you all

Black Dog
02-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Welcome back, VD or no VD. I thought that anything to do with a bicycle is non-profit... :)

oldpotatoe
02-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Ok, medical joshing. But seriously, logged in and see it was last year since I logged in???!!!! (See my last thread about family accident and bicycle non- profit as losing my motivation) but you Guys (and Gals) inspire me to attempt to get my enthusiasm for cycling back.

So the Paceline is my Valentine.

Thanks to you all. Have a great day.

Cycling is great mechanical meditation. So if you are down, pedaling around 'can' help. No goals, no speed targets, no distance or strava silliness. Just pedaling around. I call these my 'bike path bounce arounds'..helps.

Happy Valentines day to you as well.

Dead Man
02-14-2015, 11:28 AM
or strava silliness

STRAVA IS SERIOUS

http://www.singlespeedordeath.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/STRAVA-610x523.jpg

1happygirl
02-14-2015, 11:30 AM
hahahahah

Yes all bicycling is in the red!!!

Thanks OP. I let other actions disillusion me with bicycling, non profits, and bicycling peeps overall in addition to losing money. (but I am one Happy Girl so don't let the bad vibes last).

Never peeps on the Paceline though. Getting my enthusiasm back for cycling in general.

I'm not complaining. (I don't live in Boston either)
I have a feeling y'all are gonna cost me money in bicycling (in a good way though)

Thanks all. It's great to be in a/the Paceline albeit virtually!!

rounder
02-14-2015, 08:04 PM
hahahahah

Yes all bicycling is in the red!!!

Thanks OP. I let other actions disillusion me with bicycling, non profits, and bicycling peeps overall in addition to losing money. (but I am one Happy Girl so don't let the bad vibes last).

Never peeps on the Paceline though. Getting my enthusiasm back for cycling in general.

I'm not complaining. (I don't live in Boston either)
I have a feeling y'all are gonna cost me money in bicycling (in a good way though)

Thanks all. It's great to be in a/the Paceline albeit virtually!!

Happygirl, you have a great attitude. Welcome back.

cmbicycles
02-14-2015, 09:33 PM
My better half forwarded this to me... made me laugh. Happy valentines day.

It arrives so fresh off the heels of Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's easy to overlook. You've just barely gotten used to writing the new year on your bank checks. For all practical purposes, it's simply the typical weekday between February 13 and February 15.

But this is not a day for practical purposes.

This is Valentine's Day. And Sam forgot it.

Sam's wife had a card addressed to him, hidden in her top dresser drawer. Her gift to him was under her dresses in the closet. She waited for him to make the first move, to end this little dodge of his. There he was, sitting down to watch television at 7:30 at night as if he might be camped out there till bedtime ... as if he'd actually forgotten what day this is!

Finally, at 10 P.M., when Sam had stumbled upstairs to brush his teeth, he found his wife sitting bolt upright in bed. Somehow the temperature felt noticeably cooler in that room than in the other parts of the house.

"What's the matter? What'd I do?" He did a super-quick scan of his usual offences. Everything checked out.

"Tomorrow morning," she said through clenched teeth, "I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from zero to two hundred in less than six seconds. And it had better be there!"

With that, she snatched her pillow and blanket and trudged off, presumably to the downstairs sofa, leaving Sam standing there looking very unmanly, totally exposed as a Valentine forgetter. But his pride wasn't about to be threatened so easily.

The next morning his wife found a gift box in the driveway. She tore it open and looked inside.

It was a bathroom scale.

Sam has been missing since Friday

1happygirl
02-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes and encouragement.
I am my moniker and try to live up to it.
Thanks folks.
hahahah I love the male-female relationship stereotype jokes. good stuff.

weisan
02-15-2015, 03:53 PM
... from zero to two hundred in less than six seconds.
... a bathroom scale.

that's pretty smart, I wouldn't have thought of that and it probably reaches top speed a lot quicker than 6 sec. :cool:

nice to hear from you 1HG pal!

the nice thing about VD is the deeply discounted chocolates and candies in the store the next day, kinda like Halloween.