PDA

View Full Version : Frame Finishing.. Decisions Decals on my new IF

UKBROOKLYN
02-13-2015, 01:43 PM
OK.. I had a long looong thread back in December re deciding between IF and 7.. IF has won.. Measurements have been made.. Spent January being sick with viruses etc.. Now have gone back and forth on design stuff and am getting ready to pull the trigger on Monday and get it built. And now of course I have to decide on decal colors.. aw jeezz it never ends..

The frame is going to be naked brushed Ti slight sloping like 4 degree TT, Enve 1.0 ... But the problem is IF give you 10 different decal color choices for the block letters and the the choice of block letters or script (in Black White or Silver) on the down tube. see their colors here http://www.ifbikes.com/assets/documents/customize/color&decals_15.pdf scroll down for colors.

This translates into a ton of possibilities... I have SR 11 sitting on the shelf, so there are little bits of red in the black and white logos.. I am thinking of going white with red fill.. but also wondering what putting silver logos on will look like with the Ti backgroud.. stealthy ?? Anybody done silver decals on brushed Ti ??

tuscanyswe
02-13-2015, 02:03 PM
Try ifrider.com and look at the ssr bikes and ofc the titanium ones as well to c if you see what you are looking for or other designs you like. The naked ssrs will be very very close to your titanium brushed look.

UKBROOKLYN
02-13-2015, 02:23 PM
I have been checking them out.. I am like a little boy in a sweet shop just can't decide which candy to get...

tuscanyswe
02-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Yeah been there :)

You are going for decals tho and they are pretty easy to get new ones if you change your mind. That is good to keep in mind for those nights when you are going bonkers over the choice.

UKBROOKLYN
02-13-2015, 02:34 PM
You know thats a really good point. I have a set of new Merlin logos for my XL but never put them on.. liked the naked look better. Mebee you are right slap em on na can easily change that. Have you ever seen the silver on brushed Ti though.. wondering what it would look like..

tuscanyswe
02-13-2015, 02:37 PM
This is not exactly what you wanted to c but perhaps it gives a sense of that silver on silver stealth you were looking for.

I actually toyed with the same color idea when i was about to paint my ottrott not that long ago. Various kinds of grayish silver tones almost always look good with brighter silver / chrome imo. Esp on cars where its a lot more common.

http://sv.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=67pq9h&s=5#.VN5f6TqRPZg

UKBROOKLYN
02-13-2015, 02:44 PM
I checked that one out already.. he has a little band o paint underneith but I guess the decals could just go on the brushed ti..

tuscanyswe
02-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Yep i think the color of choice on those bands below the logo and the fork as well, is the if platinum.

ceolwulf
02-13-2015, 02:52 PM
To me when I think of IF it's those block letters in black and white. (Also black and white goes with any colour bar tape etc.)

UKBROOKLYN
02-13-2015, 02:59 PM
They now have a cool script logo option for the downtube .. and hey wait I have to decide on headset color too.. oh nooo more sleepless nights... (though I am thinking of doing ti seat post and eventually ti stem so I suppose silver or pewter would be the choice,..)

tuscanyswe
02-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Ive had a few ifs. I like the script logo more atm but i tend to go back n forth :)

I like a black headset even on ti frame with ti bits. I think your frame may come with a black seat clamp? may as well match it :)

joosttx
02-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Block letters in the black / white scheme (black and white w. the yellow crown). It's classic and looks awesome with raw ti.

UKBROOKLYN
02-13-2015, 03:19 PM
tuscan changing a seat clamp is way easier than a head set..

Not doing the yellow or classic IF green thingy.. My current ride has white walls and white tape... I am more into a stealth scenario.. all silvery.. not wanting to accent the clown letters.. But if I did a color hilite it would be red to reference the red in the campy components..

Have seen too many IFs with black block letters.. not liking that.. too industrial.. I want the thing to look light and airy .. thats why I was asking if anyone had seen silver on silver..

Keith A
02-13-2015, 04:22 PM
I know this isn't what you are asking for, but I think is one the better looking IF's I've seen. The painted silver, could be replaced with brushed Ti.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t137/RiverKnife/CSI/IFwoods_zps6e44c6c7.jpg