PDA

View Full Version : shimano brake alignment/centering

alancw3
04-06-2006, 05:14 AM
i have a problem with the alignment/centering of ultegra brakes on an aegis aro svelte i just purchased. when applying the brakes they actually seem to move the rim over a small amount (perhaps a 1/32") versus centering. i have tried to recenter the brake assembly by loosing the brake/frame attachment bolt but still can't seem to get the results i am looking for. i noticed on the left arm there is a small allen bolt adjustment facing upwards. is this for centering purposes? oh and the wheels are perfectly dished. thanks for any input.

stevep
04-06-2006, 06:14 AM
turn that allen bolt and see what happens. best not to screw with the main brake bolt too much. the serrated washer pretty much wants to go back where it was first.

CNY rider
04-06-2006, 07:52 AM
i have a problem with the alignment/centering of ultegra brakes on an aegis aro svelte i just purchased. when applying the brakes they actually seem to move the rim over a small amount (perhaps a 1/32") versus centering. i have tried to recenter the brake assembly by loosing the brake/frame attachment bolt but still can't seem to get the results i am looking for. i noticed on the left arm there is a small allen bolt adjustment facing upwards. is this for centering purposes? oh and the wheels are perfectly dished. thanks for any input.

I have older Ultegra brakes, and there is a small screw (conventional head, not Allen) that faces up and is used to finely center the brakes. Sounds like that's the one you're looking for.
I"m happy to hear they have gone to allen heads, cause the ones with the phillips pattern are very easy to strip due to their small size.

David Kirk
04-06-2006, 09:40 AM
That little screw is a good one........go with it.

Dave