PDA

View Full Version : Power Torque Tools

campy man
02-07-2015, 12:41 AM
Never hurts to ask ... anybody willing to rent the tools for removing a Campy Power Torque Crankset? I'm done with Power Torque cranks so I need to remove from a bike before selling.

Need both hex and crank arm puller.

oldpotatoe
02-07-2015, 06:19 AM
Never hurts to ask ... anybody willing to rent the tools for removing a Campy Power Torque Crankset? I'm done with Power Torque cranks so I need to remove from a bike before selling.

Where are ya? Hex?

Just a 14mm Allen, make sure ya take the crank bolt washer out!!

bfd
02-07-2015, 10:21 AM

If you're done with PT cranks, it might be cheaper to bring your bike into a LBS and pay them to remove it. They have the correct tools and by the time you ship the borrowed tools back and forth it will be about the same price. Something to consider....Good Luck!

campy man
02-07-2015, 01:42 PM
If you're done with PT cranks, it might be cheaper to bring your bike into a LBS and pay them to remove it. They have the correct tools and by the time you ship the borrowed tools back and forth it will be about the same price. Something to consider....Good Luck!

Excellent idea except the only LBS that has the tools has a 1week wait and charges the about the same as buying the tools.

My go to guy doesn't see enough Power Torque to justify buying the tools.

oldpotatoe
02-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Excellent idea except the only LBS that has the tools has a 1week wait and charges the about the same as buying the tools.

Once again, are you around the republic(Boulder, USA)?

oldpotatoe
02-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Like $65 plus to pull a left hand PT crank arm off? YGBSM. And a week? It takes about 10 minutes.

campy man
03-01-2015, 10:57 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201297080127?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Has anyone seen or used this tool?

No need to change bearings but it seems like a reasonable tool for pulling the crank arm off.

thirdgenbird
03-01-2015, 11:06 PM
I haven't used it, but it looks more durable, more simple, more complete and cheaper than the park (which I own)

ceolwulf
03-01-2015, 11:16 PM
The Park (which I also own) is not that terribly well made. Okay - it's cheaply made. Plastic structural parts have no place in a bearing puller. It does get the job done though.

jds108
03-01-2015, 11:31 PM
The Park (which I also own) is not that terribly well made. Okay - it's cheaply made. Plastic structural parts have no place in a bearing puller. It does get the job done though.

It gets the job done, right up to the point that it breaks while trying to remove the NDS arm on a PT crank. Park replaced the parts but still got my 2 cents about the materials choices made when this tool was designed.

thwart
03-02-2015, 10:09 AM
See: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1717235&postcount=15

My Park Tool failed. Great for pulling UT bearings, but not up to this task.