PDA

View Full Version : CX: CruX vs TCX vs RXC

jdhansen63
02-06-2015, 06:04 PM
I know CX season just ended, but I need a new cross frame for next year and I'm looking at the Raleigh RXC, Giant TCX Advanced and Specialized CruX (since I can get a team deal on them).

Anyone have any experience with these good or bad?

Rekalcitrant
02-06-2015, 11:11 PM
I raced on an RXC disc this year and was really happy with it. My previous bike was an old Felt F1X, so not really a fair comparison; but the RXC is a lot more aggressive, feels much snappier under acceleration, and the thru axle up front plus super beefy fork seems to make a significant difference in control through corners and under braking. My only complaint is that the internal cable routing seems to still need some work. There ends up being friction at the points where the cables enter the frame and the shifting was finicky as a result. I also switched to SRAM 1x11, which probably didn't help; the original 105 stuff seemed to work quite a bit better. My plan for next year is to drill out the cable stops and run continuous shifter housing. Anyway, I think it's a terrific race bike for the price.

Gummee
02-07-2015, 07:40 AM
of the 3, I'd go in reverse order of how you listed em.

Them SpecialHuffys fit me, so I have a tendency to gravitate towards em. (have 3 now...)

M