PDA

View Full Version : Brooks saddle question

rob137
04-05-2006, 02:23 PM
I have a B17 Champion Special (titanium rails). The saddle is very comfortable and I have put about 1500 miles on it.

My concern is that I have to reposition my sit bones backward from time to time while riding. Those saddles have much slope and are a bit on the slippery side. Has anybody else had a problem with this and how did you fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken Robb
04-05-2006, 02:38 PM
just a bit more upward tilt works for me--especially when the saddle is new and slick. As they break in I can reduce the nose-up tilt but I always have some.

Ray
04-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, me too. You gotta get the back part (where you sit) level, which will result in the nose pointing up a bit. It looks like it could hurt, but I find it very comfortable and you lose that sliding forward feeling. Assuming, of course, that your weight is far enough back to begin with.

-Ray

Ahneida Ride
04-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Yes Yes Yes Yes me Too ! :banana:

I found that by pure experimentation, that the nose must be tilted up a bit.
Small changes make a HUGE difference. So adjust the saddle in tiny increments and go ride. Take adjustment tools with you.

You may also require a set back post. I did ! ;)

spiderman
04-05-2006, 04:12 PM
when i can ride no hands up/down gentle inclines
or several blocks on the flats
without slippage

rob137
04-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Good feedback. Thanks gentle people.

dirtdigger88
04-05-2006, 10:04 PM
yup gotta go nose up on a B-17-

thats why I changed- I was fine while on the tops but in the drops the nose of the saddle hurt my special spot-

though in the defence of a brooks saddle- I run nearly 11 cm of drop now- and the B-17 is not designed to work with that much drop-

Pros and Swifts are better suited to that kind of drop

Jason