PDA

View Full Version : Product review - Boure tights

CNY rider
04-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I recently purchased Boure Elite Thermo-Bib tights, based partly on good review of Boure products on this site.

I needed a pair of warm tights with built in chamois. As an aside, the only saddle sores I've ever had have come from wearing shorts and a seperate set of tights over top of them. I think it's from the friction of the two layers rubbing together.

I got my tights 2 business days after ordering on the website.

Today I went on a 1 hour cross bike ride on frozen mud/gravel/snow covered seasonal roads. Temperature 30 when I left, 32 when I got home.

The tights performed very well. They're solidly constructed, with lightweight material up top and thicker lycra from waist down. I was between a small and medium on their sizing chart. I got the medium, which was quite snug. I probably could not wear the small. The chamois pad is a comfortable design, not too thick.

My torso was chilled during the first part of the ride. My legs were not, and stayed warm throughout. I did not overheat at all around the crotch area, which can happen with tights that are too bulky. Elastic loops around your feet keep the tights snugly in place.

For $130 I'm quite satisfied. :banana:

Spectrum Bob
04-05-2006, 02:12 PM
I have 2 pair of there thermal bib tights and I pair of there thermal knickers – they are all custom sized (an extra 25%) and I could not be happier – they are truly some of the nicest people to work with – I keep hopping Ned would answer the phone