PDA

View Full Version : ST stay replacement

Needs Help
03-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Has anybody crashed an Ottrott and had to get the ST stay replaced? How much does that cost?

It seems like it wouldn't be that hard to cut off the stay and drill out the seat lug.

Kevin
03-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Needs Help,

If you are asking this question as a hypothetical, I would become a club member with the frame replacement coverage. It is much cheaper than the Ottrott and peace of mind is a great thing. If you are asking this question because you crashed the Ottrott ST and broke the ST I hope that you are ok but you have to tell us what you did. It must be a great story. As far as the price of replacing the ST call Serotta and ask.

Kevin

jpw
03-20-2004, 06:36 AM
This is a potentially interesting thread.

So, did you crash?

If 'yes', what kind of crash was it? What forces were being applied to the rear end?

What damage is there to the rear end? Let's have a photograph.

I really would like to know just how strong/ weak those carbon stays and junctions are.

Hope this was just hypo. for your sake, but if the crash has already happened i'm eager for the details.

Smiley
03-20-2004, 06:41 AM
I think Needs Help still has not purchased any bike , Ottrott or not. I think he's asking cause he's curious about the repairablity of the Ottrott frame. I think we saw an Ottrott being repaired while at the factory Open House and the ST is the easiest tube to replace and repair on any bike cause its bolted on and glued at the seat tube. The Down tube repair would require a TT replacement to go with it.