PDA

View Full Version : Giordana Tenax Bibs/Shorts Question

Keith A
04-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I have been interested in giving the Giordana Tenax Bibs a try as I have always liked Giordana gear and was doing some reading on the bibs. They are listed as having a 8 ½” inseam -- which seemed on the short side. So I measured some of my other bibs and shorts and my shortest pair are PI's and they are almost an 1" longer than the listed inseam length for the Tenax bibs.

So I wanted to find out if this inseam length is correct and was hoping that someone who has these shorts or bibs could check the inseam length for me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Keith A
04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Come bro's, someone has to have a pair of these lying around :banana:

tmanley
04-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I've got a pair of these and have liked them. They are shorter than my PI's and my Hincapie bibs, but it doesn't bother me. The material in these shorts/bibs do provide more compression than normal lycra, so make sure you know your size before you order.

bluesea
04-05-2006, 03:21 PM
I have size L. How do you measure inseam?

catulle
04-05-2006, 03:36 PM
I have two different pairs of Giordana. One, though, has a pretty unyielding band on the inside of the cuffs; and that can be a problem especially if they are short as it could be too tight around the leg. The other has normal cuffs and fits just fine. Just make sure you're getting one that will fit you properly.

Keith A
04-05-2006, 04:21 PM
My concern is that I have longish femurs and realize that the Tenax bibs/shorts do have more compression than other ones...and if this hits me higher up, I'm worried that it won't be comfortable. I find the length of the PI's to be less preferable than that some of the other bibs and shorts I have.

I have size L. How do you measure inseam?
I measure from the center seam that is on the bottom to the end of the leg. You might have to pull on leg opening a little to get them to flatten out to get good measurement.

Thanks to all!

bluesea
04-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I measured 3 different pairs of Tenex Bibs in newish condition, and they both run close to 9.5" to 10". FWIW, the Tenex are noticably longer in leg and torso than the Assos F3s.

Keith A
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
bluesea - thanks for the quick feedback and info. Do you know when these were purchased?

bluesea
04-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Within the last year. One pair has had at the most, two washings.