PDA

View Full Version : Velo-hinge?

stev0
02-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Does anyone here use the velo hinge for bike storage?

http://feedbacksports.com/shop/Velo-Hinge-P81.aspx

Thinking about space efficient solutions for several bikes and I came across the velo hinge. Looks like a clever solution at a reasonable price.
Any positive or negative feedback?

Wondering if anyone has come up with a clever solution for the wheel bumper..
Or general thoughts on hanging bikes from wheels (bad? harmless?)
Anything else I haven't thought of?

bewheels
02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Funny - I was just looking at this this morning as well.

Also interested in feedback in comparison to the typical j-hook.

As far as hanging from a wheel...it is a non-issue.

rugbysecondrow
02-03-2015, 05:11 PM
I like it. Seems like a great way to save space, but then keep the wall tidy when you are between whips. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donevwil
02-03-2015, 05:11 PM
I have used a fixed version of the same basic design (http://www.amazon.com/Racor-B-1R-Solo-Vertical-Bike/dp/B0009I8ANM)for 20 years with no issues. It's easily the most space efficient and easily accessed storage of multiple side-by-side bikes that I've used (alternate front wheel-rear wheel-front wheel.......).

I like the idea of a retractable hanger even more.

dekindy
02-03-2015, 06:30 PM
I go to the LBS occasionally and just wander around. Grabbed one the second that I saw it. Up and out of the way and swings so that the bike is almost flat against the wall. Velohinge folds up flat with a cover when not in use. Buy it before they quit making them!

I lucked out when I set mine up. Did not think about measuring for clearance but the bike fits perfectly in the space that I intended. Rear wheel support is a nice touch. Would take a picture but only use it in the Summer. Bike is in the basement on the trainer for the Winter.

unterhausen
02-03-2015, 11:30 PM
the rear wheel support is a good idea, I think I'll copy that. Looks like a drawer pull

Elefantino
02-03-2015, 11:33 PM
We sell them. They get good reviews.

Idris Icabod
02-04-2015, 08:16 AM
We sell them. They get good reviews.

Any reviews from people hanging mountain bikes? The Leonardo model is a real pain to hook a wheel on with even a 2.1 tire mounted. Hope they've made the hook on this a little bigger.

zmudshark
02-04-2015, 08:21 AM
Any reviews from people hanging mountain bikes? The Leonardo model is a real pain to hook a wheel on with even a 2.1 tire mounted. Hope they've made the hook on this a little bigger.They make a longer hook for mtn bike/deep dish wheels.

Elefantino
02-04-2015, 09:59 AM
They make a longer hook for mtn bike/deep dish wheels.

This.

paredown
02-04-2015, 10:54 AM
the rear wheel support is a good idea, I think I'll copy that. Looks like a drawer pull
Thanks--I was trying to figure out if it was included or not. They show it in the pics and the video, but provide no explanation.

Edit: found a shot from an eBay seller, and it shows the rear wheel dohickey...

stev0
02-06-2015, 12:36 AM
thanks for all the responses! will order some up soon

adhumston
02-06-2015, 05:23 AM
I have a lot of bikes and a small garage. The Velo Hinge is a godsend for getting everything off of the floor and (mostly) on one wall.

The only complaint I have is having to buy the long hook for my mountain bikes as an add-on (vs having a choice when initially purchasing).