PDA

View Full Version : PSA Watch out for Lance Armstrong drunk driving & hit and run

velomonkey
02-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Well, it was "at least" two parked cars and not 2 people on bikes.

Lance was drunk, drove, hit two cars, left, lied to the cops.

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/165537

abalone
02-03-2015, 08:59 AM
:eek: Wow! Unbelievable. Armstrong sinking to new depths every day. This guy can't go away fast enough.

So now, Armstrong is making his wife Anna Hansen lie now too? Typical. This guy gets everybody to cover for his actions. Drunk driving is a serious crime. And a hit-and-run is even worse. This shows what a selfish prick Armstrong is to get his wife to lie and wrongfully admit to the hit-and-run accident just so Armstrong would get off easily while his wife can receive the punishment instead.

peanutgallery
02-03-2015, 09:05 AM
He's now officially a candidate for a reality show

And who said -7 would't continue to raise the profile of the plight of road cycling in the US like he has since the early 90's. He's continues to single-handedly made the sport what it is today (sarcasm)

witcombusa
02-03-2015, 09:06 AM
:eek: Wow! Unbelievable. Armstrong sinking to new depths every day. This guy can't go away fast enough.

So now, Armstrong is making his girlfriend Anna Hansen lie now too? Typical. This guy gets everybody to cover for his actions. Drunk driving is a serious crime. And a hit-an drun is even worse. This shows what a selfish prick Armstrong is to get his wife to lie and wrongfully admit to the hit-and-run accident just so Armstrong would get off easily while his wife can receive the punishment instead.

not wife...girlfriend...

bobswire
02-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Technically it wasn't "hit and run", since Hanson went to the vehicles owners and offered to make good any damage. Though if I was a cop I'd be wanting to talk to Armstrong to verify their/his story that day not wait a day later.

Vientomas
02-03-2015, 09:08 AM
What a great role model for his children.

oldpotatoe
Well, it was "at least" two parked cars and not 2 people on bikes.

Lance was drink, drove, hit two cars, left, lied to the cops.

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/165537

Yup but no way he will be charged with DUI..no proof. Never tested. Leaving the scene but not DUI.

Elefantino
Oh, this is going to be such a fun thread to watch evolve over the coming hours.

marciero
02-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Hilarious.

Chris
02-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Paging Cunego Fan....

bobswire
02-03-2015, 09:23 AM
not wife...girlfriend...

Well they may have a "common law marriage" or I believe in Texas to be referred to as "informal marriage".

abalone
02-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Yup but no way he will be charged with DUI..no proof. Never tested. Leaving the scene but not DUI.

I guess Armstrong knew that avoiding being tested is one proven method of not failing a drug test.

"I've never tested positive for anything, not even alcohol."
-Armstrong

FlashUNC
02-03-2015, 09:47 AM
http://www.king-sheep.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Lance-Armstrong-1.jpg

Black Dog
02-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Well they may have a "common law marriage" or I believe in Texas to be referred to as "informal marriage".

I thought that was the term used in Texas when you married your cousin. ;)

weiwentg
02-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Oh boy. No way to avoid headlines. But had he actually stopped and owned up (like written down his contact info and posted it on the damaged vehicles) he would be in the headlines but in a much more positive light - had he not been impaired, anyway.

I wonder what this incident says about his character. Edit: This is a rhetorical question.

Keith A
02-03-2015, 10:20 AM
This one isn't started off very good and will get locked down pretty quickly if we can't behave. Yes, I deleted removed the posts that contained an image that was reported as being vulgar.

Chris
02-03-2015, 10:43 AM
This one isn't started off very good and will get locked down pretty quickly if we can't behave. Yes, I deleted removed the posts that contained an image that was reported as being vulgar.

FWIW, that post was directed at me, and I took no offense to it at all. I thought it was pretty funny. Cunego may not have intended it that way, but I was just ribbing him good-naturedly anyway. We're all just words on a screen here really.

I do understand the need to keep the place fairly family friendly and I appreciate the mods for doing that. I'm one who despite whatever language I may use around the pals, doesn't see the need for it in publication where others might be offended.

velomonkey
02-03-2015, 10:50 AM
FWIW, that post was directed at me, and I took no offense to it at all. I thought it was pretty funny. Cunego may not have intended it that way, but I was just ribbing him good-naturedly anyway. We're all just words on a screen here really.

I see both sides of this and, for me, I laughed at the post. But Keith has a point, this is a growing community - not a closed on - and the perception of that image wasn't inline.

FlashUNC
02-03-2015, 10:54 AM
I wonder what this incident says about his character.

Rather than what the last two decades say about it? I think we pretty much know what kind of guy he is at this point.

velomonkey
02-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Technically it wasn't "hit and run", since Hanson went to the vehicles owners and offered to make good any damage. Though if I was a cop I'd be wanting to talk to Armstrong to verify their/his story that day not wait a day later.

Correct, but she lied to the cops - twice. She said she was driving, cop went to the valet and valet was like "um, yea, Lance drove." Then she got the bright idea to say they stopped and switched . . . whatever. She's a loser, he's a loser.

And I don't mean this lightly, I have no patience for anyone at anytime to drive drunk. We all partake in a activivty where we give enemies trust to the operator of a device that could and does kill us. I have never, not once, ever gotten behind the wheel with anything more than 1 beer in me - I am just not that self-centered.

The guy is a world class jerk and always has been, this is just further proof.

Chris
02-03-2015, 11:01 AM
I see both sides of this and, for me, I laughed at the post. But Keith has a point, this is a growing community - not a closed on - and the perception of that image wasn't inline.

Absolutely agreed.

I just didn't want CunegoFan to get beat up too much about the deal. He takes a beating (some by me) on these Armstrong threads, but when it comes down to it, most everyone here seems like a pretty good egg.

abalone
02-03-2015, 11:07 AM

At first, it wasn't considered a hit-and-run because she, Anna Hansen the wife of Armstrong, took responsibility because she stated that she was driving. However, it is now being reported as a hit-and-run because the officer stated that Armstrong did not fulfill his legal obligation by remaining at the scene of the accident. In fact, the article says that after hitting the vehicles, Armstrong then drove to another street around the corner, and had his wife go and lie that it was she drove and hit those vehicles, not Armstrong. The article makes mention, and it is clear now that Armstrong was drunk and not only left the scene, but hid, while his wife took the fall for him.

professerr
02-03-2015, 11:09 AM
When asked why he fled the scene and sent his girlfriend to lie to the neighbor and police about his crime (and marital status), Armstrong stated, “If I thought for one moment that by participating in the process, I could confront these allegations in a fair setting and – once and for all – put these charges to rest, I would jump at the chance. But I refuse to participate in a process that is so one-sided and unfair.”

Lance also indicated that he felt he was unjustly singled out among the many drunk drivers who commit hit and runs: “Others who made the same choices get a complete pass. I don't know. That doesn't feel right," added Armstrong.

velomonkey
02-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Absolutely agreed.

I just didn't want CunegoFan to get beat up too much about the deal. He takes a beating (some by me) on these Armstrong threads, but when it comes down to it, most everyone here seems like a pretty good egg.

Yup, and it was cool you came to his defense - stand up action.

velomateo
02-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Yup, and it was cool you came to his defense - stand up action.

You should have sent your wife...er girlfriend.

sailorboy
02-03-2015, 11:30 AM
...cop went to the valet and valet was like "um, yea, Lance drove."

Sure, but everyone knows that all parking valets are either bi-polar or prostitutes or both, and they have no credibility.

At least I think I heard armstrong's lawyer say that. :p

Louis
02-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Let's all calm down - this is just part of his rehabilitation plan. He's simply auditioning to become a bishop in Maryland.

abalone
02-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Let's all calm down - this is just part of his rehabilitation plan. He's simply auditioning to become a bishop in Maryland.

Ouch! That Bishop though had a history of driving drunk and a past DUI that she was jailed for.

Not sure about Armstrong, but I don't think that DUI offenders really are that remorseful and change their ways. Would have to do a quick search to see if there are any other DUIs listed for Armstrong. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Armstrong has a history of drunk driving and lying about it.

velomonkey
02-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Ouch! That Bishop though had a history of driving drunk and a past DUI that she was jailed for.

Not sure about Armstrong, but I don't think that DUI offenders really are that remorseful and change their ways. Would have to do a quick search to see if there are any other DUIs listed for Armstrong. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Armstrong has a history of drunk driving and lying about it.

I think it was in wheelman - he had the car paid for by the guy that was his high school bike racing sponsor - crashed it, left the scene and the guy got a call from the cops as the car was registered in his name.

It was even in Lance's book that he suddenly stopped talking to the guy and then tried to make amends years later - wheelman just into the details which was a totaled car and Lance splitting.

Landis had said, when he went all burn it down, that Lance had done coke and strippers and was driving like a maniac blowing off red lights and speeding.

I think there is every reason to believe this stuff now.

weiwentg
02-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Rather than what the last two decades say about it? I think we pretty much know what kind of guy he is at this point.

It was a rhetorical question:)

abalone
02-03-2015, 12:00 PM
:eek: whoa! Check this out... maybe Armstrong really is more like the drunk Maryland Bishop that we've been talking about for some time.

According to another article from March 2014 by the NY Times, it looks like Armstrong has a history of driving drunk. And maybe girlfriend/wife Anna Hansen wasn't being honest by later saying that she was protecting him because she didn't want national news of him driving drunk. She may have been protecting him because of another DUI that he was jailed for in Texas way back in 1991.

In 1991, Armstrong was busted for drunk driving and was put in jail in San Marcos, TX. He had an attorney friend get him out of jail and argue that he should keep his driver's license. The article states that Armstrong "refused to take a Breathalyzer test" and said that Armstrong, "was sure the officer would be impressed when he told him who he was". The article also states that the attorney friend was,"always concerned about Armstrong's drinking and driving" indicating that Armstrong had a habit of driving drunk even way back then.

Note: the NY Times article is quite long and non-flattering to Armstrong. If you don't want to read the entire article, scroll about 1/4 of the way down to the paragraph that starts out, "One call from Armstrong to Neal came before dawn in August 1991" for the reference to the above quotations.

March 2014 article - NY Times
End of the Ride for Lance Armstrong
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/02/sports/cycling/end-of-the-ride-for-lance-armstrong.html?_r=0

soulspinner
02-03-2015, 12:03 PM
What if he had struck a cyclist? Somebody needs to go old school on him.......:bike:

velomonkey
02-03-2015, 12:41 PM
What if he had struck a cyclist? Somebody needs to go old school on him.......:bike:

That's what I'm saying. He likes to say "it's amazing no one gives me crap in public." I call BS. I can only speak for myself, but there is ZERO doubt in my mind I would give him crap and I can't be alone in that thought.

Not to get all political, but being in DC I saw Andrew Card (Bush chief of staff) and mustache man Bolton (head of the UN of the US) - I gave both of them crap and they had armed feds guarding them walking right with them.

djg21
02-03-2015, 12:47 PM

I'd be curious if an official accident was filed. Filing a false instrument is a felony in virtually all states. It also is a "crime of dishonesty" which is admissible to impeach Armstrong's credibility should he ever be call to testify at trial in any of the multitude of civil lawsuits he is facing.

Uncle Jam's Army
02-03-2015, 12:52 PM
A few interviews of LA the last two years seem to indicate he has a drinking problem. This episode (and the earlier one in 91) seems to confirm it.

mcteague
02-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Well, at least she fits the wife/girlfriend template.

Tim

abalone
02-03-2015, 01:12 PM
A few interviews of LA the last two years seem to indicate he has a drinking problem. This episode (and the earlier one in 91) seems to confirm it.

There also was another instance as mentioned by velomonkey on p2 of this thread that Armstrong wrecked a friend's car in yet another hit-and-run accident. Armstrong left the scene of that accident too and apparently the police had traced the vehicle back to the friend of Armstrong's who took the fall for Armstrong's drunk driving incident even back then.

malcolm
02-03-2015, 01:34 PM
I've heard that he in fact wasn't drunk but overcome by rage after reading on his mobile device how his reputation was being trashed on the paceline forum and just lost control of the car.

Uncle Jam's Army
02-03-2015, 01:36 PM
I've heard that he in fact wasn't drunk but overcome by rage after reading on his mobile device how his reputation was being trashed on the paceline forum and just lost control of the car.

I'm expecting a demand letter from his attorney any time now. :)

malbecman
02-03-2015, 01:40 PM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm213sharepopcorn.gif

velomonkey
02-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Well, at least she fits the wife/girlfriend template.

Tim

For real. It's amazing, they are all the same.

Chris
02-03-2015, 01:59 PM
There also was another instance as mentioned by velomonkey on p2 of this thread that Armstrong wrecked a friend's car in yet another hit-and-run accident. Armstrong left the scene of that accident too and apparently the police had traced the vehicle back to the friend of Armstrong's who took the fall for Armstrong's drunk driving incident even back then.

That was Jim Hoyt's car. He owns Richardson Bike Mart and my understanding was that he bought the car for Lance to use when he was racing.

peanutgallery
02-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Fixed it for you

Well, at least she fits the wife/girlfriend/Mom template.

Tim

mcteague
02-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Fixed it for you

Right! Left out a critical part of that equation. After all, the Mom set the thing in stone.

Tim

abalone
02-03-2015, 02:22 PM
That was Jim Hoyt's car. He owns Richardson Bike Mart and my understanding was that he bought the car for Lance to use when he was racing.

How many enablers did Armstrong have?! Even then be had people covering for him.

BumbleBeeDave
02-03-2015, 02:26 PM
I wonder what this incident says about his character. Edit: This is a rhetorical question.

:p

“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.” ― John Wooden

Lance's "character?" . . . I think I've seen quite enough evidence to tell me what he does when he thinks no one is watching.

BBD

Chris
02-03-2015, 02:41 PM
How many enablers did Armstrong have?! Even then be had people covering for him.

I don't think Jim was covering for him or enabling him. At that time, Lance was a young kid with a lot of promise. He didn't have the best background and Jim was trying to be a positive influence and role model. Jim has done a lot for cycling in the area and is, by all accounts, a good guy. You can't blame a guy for trying to help someone out.

abalone
02-03-2015, 02:50 PM
I don't think Jim was covering for him or enabling him. At that time, Lance was a young kid with a lot of promise. He didn't have the best background and Jim was trying to be a positive influence and role model. Jim has done a lot for cycling in the area and is, by all accounts, a good guy. You can't blame a guy for trying to help someone out.

Little did Jim know that Armstrong was gonna take his car, it was registered to him, and drive drunk and totally wreck it. From the NY Times article I linked to on p3, this doesn't appear to be the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd time Armstrong has driven drunk and caused an accident. Only now, he is having his wife/gf cover for him.

And actually this isn't the 1st time he has got a spouse to cover for him. In the USADA files that were publicly released testimony from teammates of Amstrong said that then wife Kristin aided in packing and transporting EPO, testosterone, and other drugs for Armstrong.

soulspinner
02-03-2015, 03:01 PM
:p

“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.” ― John Wooden

Lance's "character?" . . . I think I've seen quite enough evidence to tell me what he does when he thinks no one is watching.

BBD

Love that quote. Wooden never had to raise his voice to his players. They listened.

jlwdm
02-03-2015, 06:52 PM

I strongly doubt it as the law requires that they hold themselves out as being married.

Jeff

merlincustom1
02-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Just heard that Luke Armstrong swears the dog ate his homework.

csm
02-03-2015, 07:57 PM
I just knew this would be full of awesome comments!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

laupsi
02-03-2015, 08:02 PM
I am deeply humbled. There are some very funny forumites who contribute to these threads :hello:

BobO
02-03-2015, 08:36 PM
How many enablers did Armstrong have?!

This is common with cult-of-personality sociopaths, think Manson.

pbarry
02-03-2015, 08:50 PM
AH was a server at a well-known, now gone, Boulder Mexi-Cal restaurant on W. 6th in Boulder. No doubt the last 7 years have been a trip. We all get what we pay for.

velomonkey
02-03-2015, 10:18 PM

My understanding of it, and it's from 2 different books, is that the guy was trying to help LA out. As I said, once Lance split the scene knowing full well the car was registered to someone else - this guy got pissed, and rightfully so.

LA like's to claim he had no father - that's false. There have been many men who stepped in and tried to help out - least of all this Jim guy - based on his mom and the constant similarity in the woman he hitches himself to - and the fact that he kicks out any males - this dude has got a significant Oedipus complex - at least that's my psych 101 analysis. Add in narcissism and sociapath and, well, thy name is Lance.

Vientomas
02-03-2015, 11:26 PM
My understanding of it, and it's from 2 different books, is that the guy was trying to help LA out. As I said, once Lance split the scene knowing full well the car was registered to someone else - this guy got pissed, and rightfully so.

LA like's to claim he had no father...

Immaculate conception?

malcolm
02-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Immaculate conception?

After the fact I would have to say more like, unfortunate infestation.

malcolm
02-04-2015, 08:54 AM
In fairness to Lance, not that he deserves any, lots of boys and probably girls that grow up in somewhat poor single parent families and also probably not so poor grow up feeling like they constantly have to prove their worth and manhood. Life is a constant pissing contest. I grew up with a two job single mom, poor, and when I reflect back I spent a lot of time being dysfunctional and proving I deserved to be there. It does create some useful things in some like drive and focus, but at some point you have to get over it, let go of things you can't change and have no control over and just do the best you can with what you've got.

In no way does this excuse bad behavior or maltreatment of your fellow man, but as a kid raised by a single mom that struggled I do kinda see where he comes from, with a touch of sociopath thrown in for good measure.

cdn_bacon
02-04-2015, 09:04 AM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm213sharepopcorn.gif

LMAO.... exactly what I was thinking!:hello:

bobswire
02-04-2015, 09:48 AM
I strongly doubt it as the law requires that they hold themselves out as being married.

Jeff

Doh, taken out of context to the post I was responding to, otherwise your response to my response loses it's "reasoned" validity (especially since I was being facetious ). Get it?

BumbleBeeDave
02-04-2015, 01:42 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/03/us/lance-armstrong-cited/index.html

I think this this incident is going to get him on the bad side of a whole lot of people who have no interest in cycling, but DO have a place on their radar for drunk drivers.

BBD

texbike
02-04-2015, 02:08 PM

I think this this incident is going to get him on the bad side of a whole lot of people who have no interest in cycling, but DO have a place on their radar for drunk drivers.

BBD

Wow! I wonder if he'll provide a taped, limited confession to Oprah? :rolleyes:

Texbike

BumbleBeeDave
02-05-2015, 10:07 AM
. . . examinations of Lance's actions that I have ever read.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/04/lance-armstrong-liar-no-other-way?CMP=share_btn_fb

"Most of us develop adaptations to fit in and to thrive in our first environments and when the landscape changes, sometimes we hang on to old strategies that no longer work for us. But the trouble is those adaptations are the only ways we know how to be and we are not even aware of them. Armstrong may be an unsympathetic character and he’s difficult to like, but what if he has been trained to be that way and doesn’t know how to change? After all, perhaps it is working well for him."

BBD

sevencyclist
02-05-2015, 10:57 AM

What is the law regarding electronic device and driving in Colorado? :)

Uncle Jam's Army
02-05-2015, 11:30 AM
I still can't get over how someone could ask his gf and mother of his child to take the consequences of his bad decisions, particularly something as serious as a hit and run. What a POS.

abalone
02-05-2015, 02:54 PM
I still can't get over how someone could ask his gf and mother of his child to take the consequences of his bad decisions, particularly something as serious as a hit and run. What a POS.

Armstrong has been the talk of alot of non-cycling sports radio shows recently and alot of them are saying the same thing. Really low-ball move to pin a hit-and-run on a girlfriend/wife. Scumbag indeed.

Wilkinson4
02-06-2015, 06:14 AM
I still can't get over how someone could ask his gf and mother of his child to take the consequences of his bad decisions

It's easy when you have no moral compass. He isn't pathological, he just has no character.

mIKE

malcolm
02-06-2015, 09:08 AM
It's easy when you have no moral compass. He isn't pathological, he just has no character.

mIKE

I would argue he is the epitome of pathological. He seems to be somewhat of a sociopath. Many of these folks are very charming and successful as long as things are going there way.

I kinda feel sorry for him (kinda) once the pedestal tipped he just can't help himself from effin up.

Wilkinson4
02-06-2015, 09:16 AM
I would argue he is the epitome of pathological.

I don't know. Pathological Liars lie without any motivation. See John Lovitz or Brian Williams:) Lance, he has motivation. Not to get caught cheating, not to get caught breaking the law, etc... I think his vindictive behavior borderlines Sociaopathic behavior. He hasn't killed any puppies that I know of though.

If anything, he is a narccisst. I think that fits him more than Sociopath. He is what he is. Flawed. We all are...

mIKE

malcolm
02-06-2015, 09:26 AM
I don't know. Pathological Liars lie without any motivation. See John Lovitz or Brian Williams:) Lance, he has motivation. Not to get caught cheating, not to get caught breaking the law, etc... I think his vindictive behavior borderlines Sociaopathic behavior. He hasn't killed any puppies that I know of though.

If anything, he is a narccisst. I think that fits him more than Sociopath. He is what he is. Flawed. We all are...

mIKE

I agree with the narcissist but I think our general thoughts of sociopathy are not accurate. We tend to think of puppy killers, mass murders and criminals. Most sociopaths are not these people. They are folks just devoid of conscious, they know right from wrong just lack the part that makes them choose right. They do what serves them best. Many sociopaths are very successful and charming people, but if you look into their background you'll find a wake of destroyed relationships and used hurt people. They get what they need and move on with no remorse. I think that's pretty close to Lance's background.

That's my opinion, maybe someone with a psych background can elucidate it for us.

BumbleBeeDave
02-06-2015, 10:00 AM

BBD

Stories I'm seeing now online talk about how his name is coming up on radio talk shows in general now for being a DB for getting his girlfriend to lie for him. So I guess he now has a spot on "the list" for any male who sees that as reprehensible--and that's going to include a lot of males.

Despite his best efforts, Lance just seems to keep finding whole new demographics to alienate. Maybe that is his new pursuit of being a champion? Proving he can be the absolute best at offending absolutely everybody? :rolleyes:

BBD

Wilkinson4
02-06-2015, 04:48 PM
I don't think he makes the Podium on that list:) Michael Moore and Bill Maher may have the two top spots wrapped up. It would be a race for third which rhymes with poo.

mIKE

velomonkey
02-06-2015, 05:03 PM
I'm trying to picture how this conversation went down.

Cars Collide - CRASH

Lance - Dang, baby. Would you look at that. Now that I'm not drinking Michalob Ultra I'm totally lit.

Anna - Lance, this stinks. What are we gonna do?

Lance - Listen, babe. I got a wicked set of bike tools. I can fix it.

Anna - Lance, you can't fix these cars.

Lance - Maybe you're right. Listen, babe, are you strong enough to be my woman?

Anna - Why did you have to bring that up (as she starts sobbing).

Lance - OK, my bad, I'm just really drunk and, really, for sure, I don't have Sheryl on my mind. You are my world now, babe. But here is what we need to do: you need to say you hit the car. I already have a world on pooh to deal with and if you want me to keep buying you stuff . . . well then . . . you need to do this.

Anna - You want me to lie?

Lance - Look babe, I did it for over a decade. It's easy and look at all I have. This lie, it's like a little itty bitty white lie. Just say you did it. What could go wrong?

Anna - OK, Lance, I'll do it for us, but if you can't keep buying me stuff I'm outta here.

Lance - One more thing, babe, can you shove this bag of drugs up your rectum? I got a local group ride to win.

b021c
02-06-2015, 06:31 PM
I agree with the narcissist but I think our general thoughts of sociopathy are not accurate. We tend to think of puppy killers, mass murders and criminals. Most sociopaths are not these people. They are folks just devoid of conscious, they know right from wrong just lack the part that makes them choose right. They do what serves them best. Many sociopaths are very successful and charming people, but if you look into their background you'll find a wake of destroyed relationships and used hurt people. They get what they need and move on with no remorse. I think that's pretty close to Lance's background.

That's my opinion, maybe someone with a psych background can elucidate it for us.

In my, unfortunate, experience you're totally spot on, Malcolm. Well said.

laupsi
02-06-2015, 06:38 PM

mIKE

no, lance is a definite sociopath. but do not confuse sociopath w/psychopath.

Grant McLean
02-06-2015, 11:30 PM
I agree with the narcissist but I think our general thoughts of sociopathy are not accurate. We tend to think of puppy killers, mass murders and criminals. Most sociopaths are not these people. They are folks just devoid of conscious, they know right from wrong just lack the part that makes them choose right.

http://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Sociopath

OtayBW
02-07-2015, 07:10 AM
:D :cool:

soulspinner
02-07-2015, 10:44 AM
http://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Sociopath

recocognize a couple people :)

malcolm
02-07-2015, 02:44 PM
http://www.medicaldaily.com/whats-difference-between-sociopath-and-psychopath-not-much-one-might-kill-you-270694

OtayBW
02-07-2015, 06:59 PM
http://www.medicaldaily.com/whats-difference-between-sociopath-and-psychopath-not-much-one-might-kill-you-270694
Just FYI - this link runs some video/ad that cannot be paused or muted - at least on my system.

malcolm
02-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Just FYI - this link runs some video/ad that cannot be paused or muted - at least on my system.

sorry I didn't play the video I just read the print.

I just opened it and on my mac there isn't even a video available it's just a printed page with comments at the bottom.

abalone
02-11-2015, 11:22 AM
An NBC News affiliate in Denver Colorado have recently released photos of the car Armstrong was driving the night he let his girlfriend / wife take the blame for his hit-and-run. There is even a photo of the girlfriend talking to police days later who doesn't even seem too fussed about the snow covering up the car damage. Oh well, why let snow and some lies get in the way of doing a proper follow-up in a case? I wonder how much of a donation Armstrong made to Aspen Police Dept. :rolleyes:

Check out Armstrong's license plate. What a tool! And then the pics later of Armstrong's girlfriend, "uh, I'm sorry uh, Officer, Lance just told me to make up something so he wouldn't get into trouble."

More photos of Armstrong's damaged SUV from 9 News NBC Colorado
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/02/05/photos-of-armstrongs-damaged-suv-released/22948501/

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/bd040fc4c98d7b111cb591881e9d62f2659870e3/c=1-0-980-736&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2015/02/05/KUSA/KUSA/635587570213321342-SUV1.jpeg

paulh
02-11-2015, 11:31 AM
Yea, but Lemond is a whiner!

nald67
02-28-2015, 01:12 AM
Yeah this thing has tarnished his image to a great extent. I am not sure what sentenced he had to underdo (or it all) as I think he can afford a whole barrage of great DUI lawyer (http://www.duilawyerlosangeles.com/) in the world who will do anything to keep his freedom intact.

bobswire
02-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Whoa, that is a little bit more than a fender bender. Hey, sh*t happens, just seems to happen to LA more.

http://i58.tinypic.com/wk4r3s.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/8xnarb.jpg