PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Superbowl Ad

cdn_bacon
02-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Just listening to Talk640 this morning and was brought to light over the Nationwide commercial that seems to spark a ton of controversy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKUy-tfrIHY

The talk show host was calling for #genius or #jackass comments on twitter or phone in etc...

To me, it's brilliant. Even more so during Super Bowl. It's a pretty intense ad but really did it's job on all levels from earned media exposure to simply getting people discussing it..

anyone else care to share their thoughts?

oldpotatoe
02-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Just listening to Talk640 this morning and was brought to light over the Nationwide commercial that seems to spark a ton of controversy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKUy-tfrIHY

The talk show host was calling for #genius or #jackass comments on twitter or phone in etc...

To me, it's brilliant. Even more so during Super Bowl. It's a pretty intense ad but really did it's job on all levels from earned media exposure to simply getting people discussing it..

anyone else care to share their thoughts?

That and the ones about 'Dads'..nice..IMHO.

Altho still a place for humor and buxom 'actors'.

SlackMan
02-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Agreed that it was a great ad to draw attention to the broad issue of people just not being sufficiently careful with either their own kids or those of others (or more generally, not being careful with the lives of others of any age). It seems that many deaths could have easily been prevented if common sense were more common and actually implemented. I welcome any publicity that anyone can create to help accomplish that. And as a bike commuter, I hope that there are some personal benefits in it for me. :)

Neves
02-03-2015, 08:41 AM
It's a gut wrenching commercial for anyone who has lost a kid. We get so zoned in on stuff that's orbiting around us and maybe this will be enough of a gut check to take the time to keep the important things in perspective. I see these types of things and it reminds me to maybe hold my little girl a few seconds longer.

makoti
02-03-2015, 09:36 AM
I thought it was a great time for the ad. Why not when you'd get to the most people? Made you uncomfortable? Good. That was likely the idea.

MattTuck
02-03-2015, 09:42 AM
I don't understand why people would have a problem with it. It was basically a PSA sponsored by Nationwide.

Seems a more worthy message than most of the crap commercials that were on it.

cdn_bacon
02-03-2015, 09:57 AM
My favorite are the folks commenting "what a bizzkill" you have the greatest sports celebration etc etc, everyone is drinking and having a good time and on comes this...

Wonder how many of the buzzkill crowd drove home with alcohol in their systems...

eddief
02-03-2015, 09:59 AM
I missed the rest of the game after the commercial since I was busy baby proofing my entire house...and I don't even have a kid.

Nationwide is on your side.

peanutgallery
02-03-2015, 10:10 AM
I was just hoping the mean old wolf wouldn't eat the cute puppy. Thank the gods for the copious amounts of Budweiser on planet earth. Otherwise, they wouldn't have had the market share to have the resources to have the horses to save the puppy.

As a result, we will probably see a spike in wolf shootings

makoti
02-03-2015, 10:44 AM
I missed the rest of the game after the commercial since I was busy baby proofing my entire house.

Nationwide is on your side.

Funny!

FGC
02-03-2015, 11:17 AM
And the number one preventable accident is a car collision. They don't mention that.

1centaur
02-03-2015, 11:43 AM
I was just hoping the mean old wolf wouldn't eat the cute puppy. Thank the gods for the copious amounts of Budweiser on planet earth. Otherwise, they wouldn't have had the market share to have the resources to have the horses to save the puppy.

As a result, we will probably see a spike in wolf shootings

That was so unrealistic. Wolves don't growl before they eat puppies.

Aaron O
02-03-2015, 01:32 PM
I don't know...I don't really need, nor desire, parenting advice from Nationwide. Honestly it struck me as pompous.

Louis
02-03-2015, 01:37 PM
People want fantasy, not reality.

They whoop and cheer for bone-jarring hits, but don't want to hear about the resulting long-term damage.

hockeybike
02-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Premiums stay the same, payouts go down. Great ad by an insurance co.

peanutgallery
02-03-2015, 01:57 PM
I would like to thank you and the entire St. Louis area for discovering, nurturing and growing AB to the point that they could be purchased by InBev just in time to use their resources to save that puppy

I was really worried about the little guy, I will certainly look at equestrians in a whole different light

torquer
02-03-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't know...I don't really need, nor desire, parenting advice from Nationwide. Honestly it struck me as pompous.
Any more than the NFL promoting an anti-domestic violence campaign?

OTOH, the wife thought the bathtub image was poorly timed in light of the Bobbi Kristina Brown headlines.

Aaron O
02-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Any more than the NFL promoting an anti-domestic violence campaign?

OTOH, the wife thought the bathtub image was poorly timed in light of the Bobbi Kristina Brown headlines.

Good point. I guess one makes more sense to me given domestic violence following sporting events (is that even true?).

makoti
02-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Good point. I guess one makes more sense to me given domestic violence following sporting events (is that even true?).

I saw something where they found a spike in DV after soccer matches in England. Had a spot with a woman watching a match, rooting hard. It became apparent that she was alone & not really interested in who won as much as who lost because if her partners team lost, it meant a dangerous night for her. Scary ad.

Louis
02-03-2015, 05:30 PM
I would like to thank you and the entire St. Louis area for discovering, nurturing and growing AB

I'm happy to say that I played only a teeny weeny bit part in that process.

akelman
02-03-2015, 05:45 PM
http://rswerve.com/fogged/wp-content/uploads/comment-with-images/093c7.jpg

Aaron O
02-03-2015, 06:53 PM
http://rswerve.com/fogged/wp-content/uploads/comment-with-images/093c7.jpg

I'm glad I didn't have milk in my mouth when I read this. :banana: