PDA

View Full Version : Where/how do you keep your bicycles...

catulle
04-04-2006, 05:11 PM
...at home? I keep two of my road bikes inside the house hanging from the wall, and a third standing on two little legs attached to the bb. Two mountain bikes hang from the roof on the garage.

However, as I'm expecting other guests in the near future, I'm wondering where I'm gonna keep them. I'm also contemplating options in case I get thrown out of the house.

Fixed
04-04-2006, 05:25 PM
bro keep em inside I have 7 up over my head on hooks . cheers

e-RICHIE
04-04-2006, 05:25 PM
uh - outside.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/detail?.dir=ea4f&.dnm=d20c.jpg&.src=ph

Fixed
04-04-2006, 05:29 PM
bro show off
cheers

both you guys

yeehawfactor
04-04-2006, 05:31 PM
can you guess that i'm in college? anyhow, the cross bike and mtb in the corner of the living room, the road bike wherever

catulle
04-04-2006, 05:42 PM
uh - outside.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/detail?.dir=ea4f&.dnm=d20c.jpg&.src=ph

That frame could fit me just fine. I´d just change the mp bars. Hmmm. Do you keep it on the front of your house or to the side on the left?

e-RICHIE
04-04-2006, 05:47 PM
That frame could fit me just fine. I´d just change the mp bars. Hmmm. Do you keep it on the front of your house or to the side on the left?

i have people that take of that stuff for me

catulle
04-04-2006, 05:55 PM
i have people that take of that stuff for me

Yeah, yeah, I've seen this hanging from your front porch...

e-RICHIE
04-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah, yeah, I've seen this hanging from your front porch...

well there is alotta snow on that bicycle imho

pale scotsman
04-04-2006, 05:59 PM
I keep 'em in the spare bedroom with my tools, stand, and extra parts. The wife loves it... :crap:

catulle
04-04-2006, 06:03 PM
well there is alotta snow on that bicycle imho

I'd just dump it in the back of the wagon and go. What, do you think I meant to ride it back by way of Mexico and Guatemala?

catulle
04-04-2006, 06:03 PM
I keep 'em in the spare bedroom with my tools, stand, and extra parts. The wife loves it... :crap:

I see something very similar in my future :crap:

e-RICHIE
04-04-2006, 06:05 PM
I'd just dump it in the back of the wagon and go. What, do you think I meant to ride it back by way of Mexico and Guatemala?

yeah - so you could restock on the way home atmo.

catulle
04-04-2006, 06:11 PM
huh..? :no:

Dr. Doofus
04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
same as pale

imho provo, yo

Bud
04-04-2006, 07:55 PM
In the spare bedroom or the "front room" (when you walk in) as long as we don't have guests. Otherwise they hang from hooks in the garage. The spare bedroom is actually a gear room (skis and bikes), and only serves as a bedroom for those few nights a year that we do have people stay over.

Brian Smith
04-04-2006, 08:24 PM
way more saddles to sit on than chairs in this flat, but in another abode I had 30 or so bike hooks to choose from...
indoors, in the way, or is it that my life is in the way of the bikes?

Len J
04-04-2006, 08:42 PM
way more saddles to sit on than chairs in this flat, but in another abode I had 30 or so bike hooks to choose from...
indoors, in the way, or is it that my life is in the way of the bikes?

they are everywhere.......Kitchen, Dining room, hallway, guest bedroom, garage, loft.......between my wife & I we have 7 bikes, 2 frames and misc parts.

But we are putting a 12 X 15 shop on the back of the garage, climate controlled, and designed to store and work on bikes......a few months.

Len

cs124
04-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Garden shed, prefab galvanised steel sheet for walls, door and roof, concrete base, padlock.

RABikes2
04-04-2006, 10:24 PM
In my living room where she belongs.

RA

Tailwinds
04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
In my living room where she belongs.

RA

Me, too. Well, at least that's where I keep my Kirk so I can admire it (her, whatever). Then, I have my Litespeed upstairs in the loft and my Trek MTB in the garage... and my old C'dale in FL... and an old Zullo that doesn't fit anyone in the garage... and the wrecked Kirk hanging in the garage (maybe I can make it into some kind of furniture one day).

shinomaster
04-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Like this, and usually with socks drying on the top tubes...hey they're only bikes.

The Spider
04-05-2006, 03:11 AM
they have their own room! one on each side...and they have black and white cycling photography to keep them company whilst I'm away.

The wife has the garden...I have the bike room!

William
04-05-2006, 04:17 AM
One half of the "shop" Barn has been turned into a bike workshop, the other half into a training area. Locked, guarded, and boobytrapped. ;) It is climate controlled.....if I fire up the woodstove. Eventually I will install a mo-dern heat source.

William :banana:

davids
04-05-2006, 08:47 AM
uh - outside.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/detail?.dir=ea4f&.dnm=d20c.jpg&.src=phmp.

Mine live in the basement, hanging from hooks in the joists:

http://www.globalbikesonline.com/catalog/images/91250.jpg

During the winter, one spends its time on the trainer:

http://www.performancebike.com/product_images/400/40_0722.jpg

..with a playskool block under the front wheel:

http://www.forkidzonly.com/blockplay/wood/blocks.jpg

Spectrum Bob
04-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Luna and I keep our Spectrums hanging on the wall in the basement next to our daughters Trek - TT with much discussion with the little one she chose an old nickname we had for her – Dukey is her new forum name and may she love cycling as much as her parents – we have our old beaters on trainers side by side also in the basement and another pair of older road bikes and an old pair of mountain bikes hanging in the shed.

Kevan
04-08-2006, 09:12 AM
humble as it is. Hot off the digi, I thought I'd share my impressive stable. Please don't call the ASPCB, now will you blokes?

Hanging is the Calfee and Serotta. As you can see I've fortified the coated hooks with straight bar handle grips left lying around, adding that little extra creature comfort to my steeds. The shelves in back, on the top: rags, cleaners and extra tubes and stuff; bottom: holds helmets, shoes, gloves, warmers and such.

Down there on the floor is my son's very cool looking, super freakin' light, Quintana Roo.

Oh, try to find the banana sticker!

davep
04-08-2006, 03:48 PM
The ones my wife and I ride regularly are in the garage, along with the workstand, tools, spare wheels, misc. parts. As well as my nephew's MTB, my son's tricycle and bicycle with training wheels. And two trainers and a rowing machine. (And occassionally a car). An older hybrid and some more parts, frames, wheels in the basement.

gasman
04-08-2006, 03:56 PM
In bed with me.

;)