PDA

View Full Version : Actual cheating in Boston sports

MattTuck
01-30-2015, 10:55 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/marathon/2015/01/30/boston-marathon-champ-rita-jeptoo-banned-for-doping/2VMbwqGzX1kZNMheyCVciI/story.html?p1=feature_pri_hp

Two-time defending Boston Marathon women’s champion Rita Jeptoo has been banned from competition for two years after a failed drug test last September.

Jeptoo’s case was heard before a Kenya Athletics commission Thursday, four months after the failed test. She faces possible forfeiture of championships and more than $1 million in lost prize money.

Jeptoo tested positive for EPO, which is used to stimulate production of red blood cells. She won the Chicago marathon on in October, just weeks after failing the drug test.

sparky33
01-30-2015, 11:25 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/marathon/2015/01/30/boston-marathon-champ-rita-jeptoo-banned-for-doping/2VMbwqGzX1kZNMheyCVciI/story.html?p1=feature_pri_hp

I have no problem with EPO so long as inflation pressures are correct.

Where do runners hide the valve?

CunegoFan
01-30-2015, 11:42 AM
She could keep the million and live like an empress in Kenya. Per capita income there is barely over $1000.

rwsaunders
01-30-2015, 02:57 PM
And here I thought that only the Ethiopian distance runners were juiced.

Bruce K
01-30-2015, 04:22 PM
I've got two words for you.....

Rosie Ruiz

:eek:

BK

bironi
01-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Matt,
You are stealing posts from another thread. Watch out for the mods. I'm pretty sure there is a bylaw addressing this issue.:beer:

bikinchris
01-30-2015, 06:32 PM
Where is all the gnashing of teeth and howling over the poor people who have been denied an honest victory by her cheating? Has she ever had harsh words with anyone? Ever? Blast her and get the tar and feathers!
(apologies to the haters of a certain Texas based bike racer)

Is anyone surprised that a athlete will cheat to win? No one?

malbecman
01-30-2015, 09:55 PM
2 year ban in running versus a lifetime ban in cycling does seem like a bit of a double standard...............

velomonkey
01-30-2015, 11:48 PM
(apologies to the haters of a certain Texas based bike racer)

Who hates Chann McRae?

velomonkey
01-30-2015, 11:50 PM
2 year ban in running versus a lifetime ban in cycling does seem like a bit of a double standard...............

Bro, plenty of riders get 2 year bans for doping - Landis, Hamilton come to mind. Do we need to rehash the myriad of reasons why Lance is different least of all that he was offered the 2 year deal and passed?

GeorgeTSquirrel
01-31-2015, 07:53 AM
I have no problem with EPO so long as inflation pressures are correct.

Where do runners hide the valve?

No, no... that's not cheating. Just personal preference. So what if it's against the rules? Rules aren't set in stone!:D