PDA

View Full Version : Bontrager 2015 XXX or XXX Le Road Shoes?

quattro
01-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Wondering if anyone is riding the 2015 Bontrager XXX or XXX LE road shoes, they look nice, have not seen them at any Trek store, so I'm wondering if they are actually available. Is anyone riding a pair? If so, how do you like them?

Thanks,
quattro

CAAD
01-25-2015, 06:00 AM
We haven't got them in stock yet at the shop. Last time I checked trek didn't even have them available yet.

quattro
01-25-2015, 10:48 AM
We haven't got them in stock yet at the shop. Last time I checked trek didn't even have them available yet.

Thanks, that's what I thought, guess they'll be available more towards spring.

veloduffer
01-25-2015, 11:11 AM
Wondering if anyone is riding the 2015 Bontrager XXX or XXX LE road shoes, they look nice, have not seen them at any Trek store, so I'm wondering if they are actually available. Is anyone riding a pair? If so, how do you like them?

Thanks,
quattro

FWIW, I have been using the RXL Mtb shoes as my road shoes for the past two years. Light, stiff and fit my wide toe box well (better than my previous Sidi Dominator Mega). It's a high quality shoe that breathes well since it has a lot of mesh. I imagine they are similar to the road version.

quattro
01-27-2015, 04:03 PM
I called Trek customer service today and spoke a very nice knowledgable guy about the XXX and XXX LE road shoes, he said they were available and sold out, they are expecting the next batch from China in March. You can place an order through your Trek dealer for then XXX, item #435498, or when they come back in stock order on line at store.trekbikes.com. Me, I'll pass, too long to wait, I'm ordering a pair of Shimano 321's in a wide.

CAAD
02-12-2015, 03:07 PM
We finally got some XXX shoes in. All white and only a few sizes. They are constructed well and look good. Im waiting for a black pair myself though.

quattro
02-12-2015, 03:28 PM
CAAD, can you give some idea how then toe box fits, does it seem to be wide and high? I am hoping to use my custom orthotic which is somewhat large. I have tried my orthotic in a Specialized S-Works 43 wide and they fit the shoe and my foot great. But since Bontrager does not make a wide I'm wondering how they would fit. Thanks
quattro

Hank Scorpio
02-12-2015, 09:09 PM
I was just at my LBS today looking for these. He told me for 45 or 44.5 in white Trek has a June delivery date. You will have to call around and find out who pre-booked the size and color you want and jump on them if they fit.

quattro
02-13-2015, 12:41 PM
We finally got some XXX shoes in. All white and only a few sizes. They are constructed well and look good. Im waiting for a black pair myself though.

CAAD, another question, can you tell me if there is any padding on the inside of the shoe under the removable insole to protect the metatarsal heads from direct contact with the carbon fiber sole. I know this was included on some of their shoes last year. Thanks for checking.
quattro