PDA

View Full Version : this GT looks nice

vqdriver
01-22-2015, 12:08 PM
i know it's not exactly a boutique brand, but this new GT checks a lot of boxes for the disc gravel fan.

dt 240 wheels, full ultegra, full hydros, rapha-esque paint, etc...
not stupid expensive either, tho pricey for what some may want to spend for that brand. if you can get over that, seems like a solid buy and certainly a competitor to the niner bikes.

http://www.gtbicycles.com/usa_en/2015/bikes/road/adventure/grade-carbon-ultegra#

firerescuefin
01-22-2015, 12:10 PM
It has gotten rave reviews. I took a very hard look at it before building up my gravelbike rig.

vqdriver
01-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Yeah. Don't know how long it's been out but a cc email today turned me onto it. if the frames any good it would be hard to miss with this.

Keith A
01-22-2015, 01:46 PM
One thing that was interesting/odd is the bottom bracket. The frame has a PF30 BB, but they are using the Praxis Works PF30 conversion on it for the complete bikes :confused:

primov8
01-22-2015, 01:52 PM
One thing that was interesting/odd is the bottom bracket. The frame has a PF30 BB, but they are using the Praxis Works PF30 conversion on it for the complete bikes :confused:

Its to accommodate the Shimano cranksets. I think its great GT equipping their complete bikes with the best PF30/BB30 adapter available.

vqdriver
01-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Yep. Wanted to complete the ultegra group it seems instead of slapping on some fsa pos but still provide the option for bb30. Smart choices imo

firerescuefin
01-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Yeah. Don't know how long it's been out but a cc email today turned me onto it. if the frames any good it would be hard to miss with this.

I was told March delivery. The only thing that has been out is the PR and rigs to Magazines for review.

josephr
01-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Its to accommodate the Shimano cranksets. I think its great GT equipping their complete bikes with the second best PF30/BB30 adapter available.

fify---sorry you've not experienced the joy of Wheels Mfg PF30 adapting BB. ;)