PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels and Campy

roadie7
01-22-2015, 04:03 AM
Does anyone know if Campy can be used with Easton and Zipp rear wheels? I've been looking at new rear wheels and noticed that Performance said that Easton and Zipp will work with Shamano and Sram. However, they don't say if the wheels will work with Campy.

Thanks.

bart998
01-22-2015, 04:53 AM
I have Zipp 30's with Campy... but you have to buy/order the wheels for Campy. Shimano compatible wheels won't work. Chances are the Shimano/Sram ones are all that's on sale, they're the most common.

oldpotatoe
01-22-2015, 05:56 AM
Does anyone know if Campy can be used with Easton and Zipp rear wheels? I've been looking at new rear wheels and noticed that Performance said that Easton and Zipp will work with Shimano and Sram. However, they don't say if the wheels will work with Campy.

Thanks.

The ones on sale are shimano/sram, but Zipp and Easton do have Campagnolo compatible wheels. Also check to see if the shimano/sram wheels are 10s or 11s.

Black Dog
01-22-2015, 06:40 AM
If the Shimano compatible wheels will accept an 11 speed cassette the you can run a 11 speed shimano/sram cassette on campy 11 with zero issues.

ergott
01-22-2015, 07:48 AM
How many gears are you running?

carpediemracing
01-22-2015, 07:56 AM
11s - use a Campy 11s cassette. As noted all 11 cassette spacings are so similar they're interchangeable. However the cassette itself may need to be that particular brand. There's at least one freehub out there that will accept Shimano/SRAM/Campy but I don't remember which one.

10s - not really compatible. I have the American Classic "Campy 10s spacing on a Shimano cassette body" and it's sits further out than my actual Campy wheels. It shifts fine once I fine tune the rear der / cable tension.

Joachim
01-22-2015, 08:04 AM
there's at least one freehub out there that will accept shimano/sram/campy but i don't remember which one.

3t

thirdgenbird
01-22-2015, 08:26 AM
3t

I think they are licensing the design from someone else but I can't recall who.

If my math and memory are correct, I think a guy could use shimano 10spd loose cogs, 9spd sram spacers, and an 11spd freehub body to make a setup that should be very close to campy 10.