PDA

View Full Version : Ergo 10spd vs 11spd Levers

campy man
01-20-2015, 11:41 PM
After the swap from Campy Ergo 10spd to 11spd ... it seems like the 11spd hoods are longer and deeper.

Considering the swap to a 110mm stem from 120mm to bring the levers & thumb shifters just a little closer.

Are people mounting the Ergo 11spd levers a little higher on the bars to avoid what seems like a deeper drop into the saddle area of the levers? It feels like the 10spd levers are flatter than 11spd.

tigoat
01-21-2015, 05:58 AM
I wish those ergo 11 speed Campy levers were longer than the 10 speed version, as I was never comfortable with them (11-speed version) from day one. I have small hands but I like them levers long, straight, slender and feel neutral. For me, the 11-speed version is wider, taller, and fatter than the previous one but certainly not longer. The curved shape looks super cool but it does not work well for me. I currently ride with both EPS and 9070 Di2 bikes and every time I switch back to my EPS bike, it just does not feel as good as it should be. I still miss those 10-speed Record hoods, as they were think, straight, and felt neutral. For my current EPS bike, I run them level with the bars. As for my previous 10-speed bikes, I had them a lot higher though.

OtayBW
01-21-2015, 06:17 AM
So many little variables can come into play. On 2 of my bikes, I have Modolo bars that sweep forward ~1cm, so that comes into play as well. A slight shift in lever placement or bar tilt can also compensate as noted above. I have both 10sp and 11s-, but really love the feel of the 11sp Ergos myself....