PDA

View Full Version : OT: 2015 detroit auto show pics

wallymann
01-20-2015, 08:04 PM
http://brown-snout.com/events/2015_detroit-auto-show/

http://brown-snout.com/events/2015_detroit-auto-show/P1200054.JPG

jghall
01-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Out of all those nice cars, not sure favorite is the Golf. Nice looking little car. May need to see more of, but a little disappointed in the NSX. Corvette is pretty cool, though still somewhat looks like a matchbox car compared to the other super cars. Thanks for posting the link Wally.

tumbler
01-20-2015, 08:57 PM
The NSX is definitely a disappointment. It looks like an ugly R8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ntb1001
01-20-2015, 09:05 PM
I kinda like the Ford GT.

thirdgenbird
01-20-2015, 09:08 PM
I quit caring about the nsx a few years ago. Its got to be one of the worst product launches I've seen. It is a complete contrast to the GT.

wallymann
01-20-2015, 09:11 PM
The NSX is definitely a disappointment.

i think the sheetmetal will look better in another color. i have no idea why the OEMs use that metallic maroon...it looks terrible and "says too much"...it gets in the way of really seeing the car for the car.

bikinchris
01-20-2015, 10:18 PM
The old fashioned purists are blasting the V6 in the GT, but that engine has proven itself in endurance racing. The not so secret rumor is that Ford wants to win at Le Mans again next year for the 50th anniversary.

wallymann
01-21-2015, 08:28 AM
The old fashioned purists are blasting the V6 in the GT, but that engine has proven itself in endurance racing. The not so secret rumor is that Ford wants to win at Le Mans again next year for the 50th anniversary.

yep, big-output V6s work fine in F1 and indycar and a host of other formulas. its just old-school neanderthal thinking.

i like a big-bore V8 as much as the next guy, but there are plenty of ways to go stupid-fast...especially if you use some engineering know-how! me, i prefer the shriek of a v10 or v12!

no way Ford can win at lemans in any category with a new platform in their 1st year. no way, it takes too much practical experience to win in endurance racing.

Seramount
01-21-2015, 08:48 AM
guess I don't get the gushing over the new GT..it just isn't all that attractive.

texbike and I ran across a gorgeous dark blue / white stripe supercharged second gen version on our last ride together. we both thought it was infintely nicer looking than the new offering.

the line thru the door leading to the rear quarter is flat out fugly.

Ralph
01-21-2015, 10:34 AM
guess I don't get the gushing over the new GT..it just isn't all that attractive.

texbike and I ran across a gorgeous dark blue / white stripe supercharged second gen version on our last ride together. we both thought it was infintely nicer looking than the new offering.

the line thru the door leading to the rear quarter is flat out fugly.

The design is all about air flow.