PDA

View Full Version : Campy Alu Cassette Spacers, where to get/how to kludge?

Lewis Moon
01-20-2015, 12:17 PM
I'm building a single speed wheel and I need spacers. I tried a spacer from my mountain bike build (ShimaNo) and it was a good bit bigger than the freehub. Is there a good source for the Alu spacers, other than Campy...because I'm not a fan of paying $3 or so per ring.

thirdgenbird
01-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Gusset and wheels manufacturing both offer Campagnolo single speed kits. Neither are real cheap, but should fit and look good.

Lewis Moon
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Gusset and wheels manufacturing both offer Campagnolo single speed kits. Neither are real cheap, but should fit and look good.

Got the Wheels Campy for CheepEez. Thanks.

oldpotatoe
01-20-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm building a single speed wheel and I need spacers. I tried a spacer from my mountain bike build (ShimaNo) and it was a good bit bigger than the freehub. Is there a good source for the Alu spacers, other than Campy...because I'm not a fan of paying $3 or so per ring.

Yer LBS probably has a drawer of them from toasted cogsets..or should..how many do ya need?

Lewis Moon
01-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Yer LBS probably has a drawer of them from toasted cogsets..or should..how many do ya need?

Thanks a lot Peter. I found a set of Wheels Mfg spacers for cheap.
On a side note: You do know I live in Phoenix, don't you? Campy is VERY hard to find here. Must be nice living in the Boulder Republic.

thirdgenbird
01-20-2015, 08:02 PM
i would wager that I've got more used Campagnolo spacers than all the central Iowa bike shops combined.

oldpotatoe
01-21-2015, 05:54 AM
On a side note: You do know I live in Phoenix, don't you? Campy is VERY hard to find here. Must be nice living in the Boulder Republic.

Spent about 2 months in Phoenix, in the summer. Over a 100 degrees 24 hours a day for about 10 days once. A/C in the SLQ(····tetie Little Quarters) ran 24 hours a day. No thanks.

Anarchist
01-21-2015, 08:13 AM

Domenic's
Tribe
Bicycle Haus
Faster

Lewis Moon
01-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Domenic's
Tribe
Bicycle Haus
Faster

Live pretty much next door to Donenic's. Not much there any more.