PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Perfect . . .

BumbleBeeDave
04-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Had an absolutely perfect ride this morning. 30 miles around the River Loop with my friend John. 40 degrees when we started, 48 when we got home. Supremely sunny. Cleaned the bike yesterday--clean chain, new tires. We rode, we gabbed, we stopped at Starbucks and sat outside on the way back. Saw at least 25 other cyclists in the two hours we were out. Absolutely perfect . . .

Spring sure is great.

BBD

Kevan
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Daffodils in bloom... almost 45miles from 8am until 11am, and hillier than anyone ever wanted. Windy, but who cared, the day is beautiful. The other 2 guys had old legs and I brought along my fresh pair instead. Felt good to jam.

Forgot to add, we found some new roads and a wonderful packed dirt road to ride. Both proved to be cappers to an already perfect ride.

catulle
04-02-2006, 01:39 PM

pale scotsman
04-02-2006, 01:47 PM
It was gorgeous down here. Low 80's by the end of the ride and dry, which is rare for this time of year down here. Not another cyclist in site. None. I've got my own redneck provo down here, just don't tell anyone...

Here's a couple pics from this morning.
http://thevickerys.net/PHP/modules/gallery/albums/Ians-ebay-stuff/LA1.jpg
http://thevickerys.net/PHP/modules/gallery/albums/Ians-ebay-stuff/LA2.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
04-02-2006, 01:55 PM
. . . but, uuh, that's not your house, is it? Can't be a forum member unless you have a white garage door to shoot your bike against . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

pale scotsman
04-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Dave, we don't even have a garage door. Down here in the small town south we have carports and tool sheds.

The old barn in the first picture has seen better days. It sits along a field on one of my rides, and has had it's butt handed to it by numerous hurricanes.

Bill Bove
04-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Started out at 7am, 68* clear and cool. Rode 10 miles south with a couple of friends to catch a group ride, hooked up with them and did 55 miles on the rivet, cooled of riding 15 miles home. By then the sun was climbing high in the sky and the temperture with it, had enough time to take a quick shower and get the shop open.

Life Is Good.

Dr. Doofus
04-02-2006, 02:09 PM
brilliant day here -- sunny and in the 80s

rode 25 miles to race

rode stupid 38 mile "road race" that took 2 hours because the field soft pedaled around...no moves stuck, doof gets snaked in the sprint...blah, blah, blah...doof is sticking to crits because at least then the Slow Fat Guys get spat....

rode 25 miles back home

played with dog

dog is cool

Bill Bove
04-02-2006, 02:11 PM
played with dog

dog is cool
Sucking up to Sandy, eh Doof :p

manet
04-02-2006, 02:28 PM
12th (?) place. happy.

MallyG
04-02-2006, 02:28 PM
We had April Showers and a lot of wind. Grey skies. Still, at least it was the first Sunday that I rode without shoe-covers, thick winter leggings and a thick winter jacket.

Here comes the sun (little darlin'..)

Bud
04-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Yesterday's ride was great. It was overcast most of the time (kind of rare for us) and about 65 F. There was a light N-NW wind, but it wasn't too bad. My wife and I rode N to Carter Lake (which has a nice little climb at the end) and back. Lots of cyclists on this route- it's pretty popular.

I didn't take the camera- too bad. We saw a guy dragging a short cardboard box (the kind used for a case of beer in cans) down the shoulder with the blade end of a pruning saw. Inside the box was a dead raccoon. It looked "interesting" to say the least. Besides that, the scenery was great. I need to make myself bring the camera all of the time.

Ken Robb
04-02-2006, 05:06 PM
uum, fresh meat for tonight's bar-b-que.

Tom
04-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Beautiful day, good headwind out of town, regulars plus a new guy that was pretty strong. Turned back for home with a tailwind, cooking along pretty good until a couple wheels touched and one of the regulars hit the deck going 25+. His shoulder's in bad shape. He left in the ambulance. He's a tough guy, though. His last accident was when a car squeezed him into the curb, he hit a fire hydrant going backwards and broke his back. Still, it really stinks. It's no way to start the season.

Fixed
04-02-2006, 07:18 PM
bro my bro bill shook says crits are safer than r.r.'s cos of that i guess . he is an ex nat, champ crit cat. cheers