PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Suggestions

NicaDog
04-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I have a pair of American Classic hubs I want to have built back up in to wheels. I can have it done by AC at what seems to be a very reasonable price, but the question I have is whether to have them built into 420s or 350s? I weight 180 lbs, ride mostly hills/mountain passes, and love to descend quickly through the sharp turns of Colorado mountains. My other wheels are Krysirum Elites.

Any suggestions on which way to go. Either way I'm thinking of having them built with Sapim CX-ray spokes.

Thanks.

bostondrunk
04-02-2006, 12:48 PM
I have a pair of American Classic hubs I want to have built back up in to wheels. I can have it done by AC at what seems to be a very reasonable price, but the question I have is whether to have them built into 420s or 350s? I weight 180 lbs, ride mostly hills/mountain passes, and love to descend quickly through the sharp turns of Colorado mountains. My other wheels are Krysirum Elites.

Any suggestions on which way to go. Either way I'm thinking of having them built with Sapim CX-ray spokes.

Thanks.

Buy a set of nice clincher rims off ebay (I've seen some nice blue anodized open pros lately) or if you really want a nice set, buy a set of tubular rims from ebay or nashbar, etc., buy spokes from your LBS and build them yourself, or have your LBS build them for you.

shinomaster
04-02-2006, 03:02 PM
how many holes are the hubs for?

NicaDog
04-02-2006, 03:29 PM
how many holes are the hubs for?

Rear is 32 , Front is 28

Fixed
04-02-2006, 03:56 PM
bro that sounds like their 350 set up ... have you ever seen a wheel build machine ? it only takes 5 mins. for a set . they have one from holland at a.c.

ergott
04-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Do the 420s. They will be faster in almost evey condition.