PDA

View Full Version : Team Telekom unveil's Jan's new TT Bicycle

PBWrench
04-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Radical compact geo. My only question is whether the setback is a bit severe. I believe this sports the new SRAM gruppo and HED disc.

http://www.sunrise-cyclery.com/usedbikes/lavarsitybrn.jpg

bostondrunk
04-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Isn't that the prototype that DBRK sold him???
;)

BumbleBeeDave
04-02-2006, 12:47 PM
. . .with some definite techno-wizardry. Dropping the TT bars should lead to major weight-savings, and the gear shift levers next to the stem looks like they would be very easy to reach.

I'm mystified by the reflectors, though. Are they having Jan train at night so noone will see the bike yet?

I take it the team announced this new bike yesterday on, uh, April 1? :rolleyes:

BBD

pale scotsman
04-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Yep, riding big to big on a varsity creates some type of nebulonic anti gravity propulsion. Be rest assured when all the carbon do dads of today are in the trash heap, the varsity will still live.

Kevan
04-02-2006, 02:06 PM
slow mail delivery. I would have expected receiving this yesterday. You had me.

Were those chrome spoke guards really necessary? Somehow during my 10 speed days I managed to avoid those things. Horrible looking.

Headwinds
04-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I am confused now.... Which bike is it? The one on the foreground or the yellow one in the back?

I believe the yellow is made with some fancier material :p

BumbleBeeDave
04-02-2006, 05:42 PM
. . . just like the Swamp Thing, it sits under the muck for years, then rises again to bedevil us.

I hear one was found in King Tut's Tomb . . .

BBD

Fixed
04-02-2006, 06:08 PM
bro the sad thing he'd be faster than me even on that .cheers