PDA

View Full Version : "Premium Rush" may be the worst cycling-related movie ever made

FastforaSlowGuy
01-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Catching parts of this during TDU commercial breaks, and it really is shockingly bad. Putting aside the stupid plot and ridiculous writing (which is hard to put aside), they really made zero effort to figure out how a bike messenger (our unlikely hero) rides, works, etc. There's even some seriously goofy effects where he "sees" various lines through traffic, which is not only a stupid way of presenting things but is also a blatant rip off of the various kung fu movies that use the same technique.

Dead Man
01-18-2015, 07:31 PM
And if there was any magic in this movie at all, I'll shatter it for you now: if you look closely, he's got a front brake on the bike in basically all of the action scenes.

Can't stop. Don't want to.

velomonkey
01-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Just a friendly reminder: RAD is not available on DVD, but the entire movie is on youtube.

HELL TRACK forever!!!!

peanutgallery
01-18-2015, 07:47 PM
It takes a lot of time and effort to make a movie, they'd never waste the time on something that sucked:)

pbarry
01-18-2015, 07:56 PM
^^ Best sarcasm of the week. Well done.

rustychisel
01-18-2015, 07:56 PM
It takes a lot of time and effort to make a movie that bad!!!

Heh heh, FIFY.

Oh no, I've got form in this area, but I firmly maintain it's not the absolute worst cycling movie ever made...

OT slightly: I keep wondering if there's a LA movie about to be made. It's been long-threatened, must have been sidelined by numerous 'plot' twists and turns, but I reckon Matthew McConnaughgyyyyy however you spell it has about the right body fat % these days.

Repack Rider
01-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Movies need a bad guy.

Real people don't.

Agree that Premium Rush sucked.

Waldo
01-18-2015, 08:13 PM
Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegunner
01-18-2015, 08:32 PM
what bike messenger would deliver on a parlee anyway?

cloudguy
01-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Loved that movie, don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

benc
01-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Watching it on and off for the first time now. About what I expected.

My buddy Tom did the stunt riding for Joseph Gordon Levitt. Haven't caught any good riding scenes yet but Tom ripppppps.

pbarry
01-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Heh heh, FIFY.

Oh no, I've got form in this area, but I firmly maintain it's not the absolute worst cycling movie ever made...

OT slightly: I keep wondering if there's a LA movie about to be made. It's been long-threatened, must have been sidelined by numerous 'plot' twists and turns, but I reckon Matthew McConnaughgyyyyy however you spell it has about the right body fat % these days.

Script writers cannot keep up with the reality LA stuff and cover a**es while writing.. MMc as lead? Gotta say no, but a good suggestion!

What's needed for the "true to life" film: No big film stars, but B /C list actors willing to get into believable shape. FWIW, Dustin Hoffman had a long standing interest into making "The Yellow Jersey" novel into a film, back in the day..

For the lead on the LA story, (maybe) a method actor who can build up his quads within the contract and start-of-filming timeframe, and spin up big hills, and be able to pull off the angry rant when it's time to dope, for the reluctant few who did not, will work for the feature film..

p nut
01-18-2015, 09:00 PM
Sheesh, I'd really like the hear what you guys expected out of this movie. It delivered on what it was meant to be. 12am-got-nothing-else-to-watch mildly amusing flick.

false_Aest
01-18-2015, 10:21 PM
Faahhuukk dooode. Those guys made more money with that piece of shiiit than we'll make in a few years.

And W T F, if it got 5 more people to ride a bike then the movie's pretty cool.

I'd rather hate on the Fast and the Furious.

FastforaSlowGuy
01-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Nope, not a single person in the entire world rode their bike because of that movie. Impossible. I bet bike sales dipped after it came out. It made me want to STOP riding my bike. The more I watched it, the less I wanted to ride and the dumber I got. I really like stupid movies (even bad ones), but this one went too far. Maid in Manhattan is Oscar-worthy by comparison.

JAGI410
01-18-2015, 10:38 PM
Just a friendly reminder: RAD is not available on DVD, but the entire movie is on youtube.

HELL TRACK forever!!!!

I have 2 copies on DVD, one is in HD :) no exactly studio authorized releases but whatever.

velomonkey
01-18-2015, 10:59 PM
I have 2 copies on DVD, one is in HD :) no exactly studio authorized releases but whatever.

You. Are. God.