PDA

View Full Version : First ride-Giro Synthe

oldpotatoe
01-17-2015, 07:02 AM
Got it first week of December, FINALLY wore it yesterday..Yep, been that kinda month.

Minimalist feeling(which is NOT like the Aeon it replaced), easy to adjust, can't see it looking up(something else I wanted). Wore a hat under it(it was COLD yesterday), comfy, roomy, easy to adjust with the thumb knob in the back.

Not a fan of helmets in general but this one is the best yet, along the lines of an old Pneumo, which I really liked also.

So if you are tired of the big, mushroom looking things of today, might try one of these on.

NOT the glasses tho-wow, they make me look younger, and thinner and better looking and even happier(don't ask).

numbskull
01-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Perhaps this would be more appropriate?

oldpotatoe
01-17-2015, 07:23 AM
Perhaps this would be more appropriate?

Those were to keep your head warm more than anything. I always thought a baseball hat, sunglasses and a throat mike would be better than this thing I wore. Turn the hat around when 'fight's on'. Saying the thing would protect yer noggin if you crashed was silly. Really a way to recover your head after the crash is all.

Even tho light, at 9g, heavy-

tigoat
01-17-2015, 07:38 AM
No picture of you wearing it? BS! Got mine back in Dec but haven't had a chance to wear it yet, as I have been wearing my "winter" helmet. The Synthe does feel very light on my head, can't wait to put it to a real test in a couple of months.

oldpotatoe
01-17-2015, 07:50 AM
No picture of you wearing it? BS! Got mine back in Dec but haven't had a chance to wear it yet, as I have been wearing my "winter" helmet. The Synthe does feel very light on my head, can't wait to put it to a real test in a couple of months.

here-look tired cuz I am!!

tigoat
01-17-2015, 07:53 AM
here-look tired cuz I am!!

Very cool! It is the same color as mine. Cheers!