PDA

View Full Version : Current gen Shimano Dynalast shoe fit VS Specialized

doomridesout
01-16-2015, 07:50 PM
I am agonizing over a shoe decision-- Can anyone riding current generation S-Works shoes comment on sizing vs. current high-end Shimano dynalast shoes? I wear a 42.5 in Specialized and it's just barely enough room (but doable) for my toes. My hope is that what I've heard about a larger toe box in Shimano shoes still holds true and that they fit true to size-- there's no place that stocks them near me and I'm curious about the fit for a set of XC90s. I remember trying on a set of 42.5 Shimano road shoes and feeling like they were unequivocally too big. Anybody care to comment?

pakora
01-17-2015, 08:41 AM
Not much help but maybe a lead. My best fitting shoes (road and mountain) are all Spesh 45.5s.

I am wearing the MW81s as winter shoes and the size Shimano gives me as well as those 3D shoe fit things online is 46.5, which doesn't exist in this shoe. A 47 is very wide, and my heel barely stays in the cup, even though the length isn't excessive. The toe box is enormous. Without fat socks they'd be too big.

I say that having just been fit for running shoes and when I thought my feet were on the narrow side, the salesperson said I was borderline wide and had me try a bunch of EE shoes.

*edit sorry I missed the bit about Sworks, which none of my shoes are. Sorry this is kind of a useless post.