PDA

View Full Version : Directv NBC Sports

tigoat
01-16-2015, 04:05 PM
After being away for quite a while, I just signed up with Directv recently so I can watch cycling again on NBC Sports. Saw the programming guide on NBC Sports website showing the Tour Down Under coming up. Apparently, this will not be on NBC Sports but on Universal Sports instead, which I don't have. Now they want more money to add Universal Sports to the package, which is BS.

mtb_frk
01-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Yup, it was free on comcast. Switched to Direct TV when we moved, and i havent signed up for the channel.

bjf
01-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Universal Sports costs extra on Dish also.

tigoat
01-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Actually, it wasn't so much about paying extra for Universal Sports per my post but more so about the quality of this channel, as it is not in HD. Yikes! Who would want to watch anything in sports with non-HD nowadays?

Fivethumbs
01-16-2015, 06:01 PM
I have Time-Warner (Ugh!) cable. Universal Sports is on their Sports Tier which costs $8.99/month extra. I used to have it but cancelled because I rarely watched the channels. I guess I could sign for it during cycling season and then cancel again. Though I remember not really liking the coverage as much as OLN/Versus/NBC Sports.

callt5
01-16-2015, 10:21 PM
Do we know who is commentating? Actually, I like their previous commentators. Many didn't but I thought they were a nice change. I remember when they first broadcast the Giro they would stream a live feed from Italy with no announcers. It only had actual sounds from the peloton. Apparently the commentary was added later. I thought that was very cool.