PDA

View Full Version : Pegoretti 8:30am Ride Report

amg
04-01-2006, 08:06 PM
I'll keep it short and sweet, but if interested, I can expand on any point.

Frame: Perfect alignment, clean welds, nice paint by any standard, built-up very easily.

On the flats: Smooth and comfortable. As smooth if not smoother than some nice lugged steel bikes I've owned. If I didn't know it was aluminum, I would never be able to guess by just riding it. Responds very well to pedal input. If you got the legs, it's a rocket.

Descents: Bingo! This bike LOVES to go downhill! It begs you to go faster! Best descending bike I've ever ridden.

Turns: You wanna pretend you're Valentino Rossi, this is your bike. I know this term is a bit cliché, but it really applies here, it corners as if its on rails.

Uphill: Very nice. Not the lightest bike in the world, but if you have the legs, it climbs and responds very well.

Summary: Great bike. Artisan built. Criminally low price considering the quality. Rather rare. The neighbors won't know what it is.

Thanks for listening,

Antonio :beer:

e-RICHIE
04-01-2006, 08:12 PM
after 2am this evening, that'll be a 9:30am model atmo

amg
04-01-2006, 08:15 PM
after 2am this evening, that'll be a 9:30am model atmo

ahh yes, thanks for reminding me.

Best,

Sandy
04-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Nicely organized and clear review. Sounds like a wonderful bike.

Sandy

e-RICHIE
04-01-2006, 08:40 PM

Sandy

it's comparable to a time imho.

Fixed
04-01-2006, 09:11 PM
bro sounds like a new bike .
enjoy
cheers

amg
04-01-2006, 09:15 PM

Sandy

Thanks, Sandy. The bike is great.

rnhood
04-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Nice summary review. Sounds like a really nice ride. Do you have a picture of it that you can post?

amg
04-01-2006, 09:27 PM
bro sounds like a new bike .
enjoy
cheers

Oh yeah, she's a baby! What's scary is they say that the aluminum Pegoretti's are a bit harsher riding than the steel counterparts. I can't imagine this bike riding any smoother. Also, the bike really shines when you put the hammer down. Just this morning, I was riding with a friend and we came across some "friendly" drivers. I got a little PO'd (I'm Sicilian so you can only imagine ;) ) and took off to get away from all the traffic. A few minutes later my buddy catches up to me and asks, "What did you put the turbo on"? My reply was simple, "Well, it is a Pegoretti".

amg
04-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Nice summary review. Sounds like a really nice ride. Do you have a picture of it that you can post?

There are some pictures in the Custom Bikes section under Pegoretti 8:30am.

Fixed
04-01-2006, 09:32 PM
bro if it ride as good as it looks you got it made I dig those drop outs cheers