PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Kanza 200: Places to stay?

giverdada
01-13-2015, 09:41 PM
So my lady and her team (2 more friends) just registered and are all set to go, flights booked, etc., but they have nowhere to stay. Emporia, Kansas seems to be a bit out of the way, and everything but the barns is booked. Anyone got any leads on accommodations for two ladies and a manrocket May 30th? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

josephr
01-13-2015, 10:07 PM
So my lady and her team (2 more friends) just registered and are all set to go, flights booked, etc., but they have nowhere to stay. Emporia, Kansas seems to be a bit out of the way, and everything but the barns is booked. Anyone got any leads on accommodations for two ladies and a manrocket May 30th? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Emporia out of the way for DK???? I don't think you've done your research as the race leaves from downtown Emporia.

Read the Rider's Bible...seriously...

http://www.dirtykanza200.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/2015-Riders-Bible.pdf

ik2280
01-13-2015, 11:05 PM
^ I could be wrong, but I think OP means that it's out of the way from other things (like hotels, etc.), not from the race. Right, OP?

Jgrooms
01-14-2015, 02:28 AM
Do the college dorms. There are no motel/hotels left.

giverdada
01-14-2015, 04:31 AM
Indeed. Emporia is fully on board with the race and seems like a really cool place for it, but is far, as a town, from other towns. And, as others have noted, every hotel/motel seems to be booked. I think my lady found a room for a couple of nights last night and got those booked, and will be waiting on supplementary options through the college dorms. Yeehaw.

Jgrooms
01-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Emporia is an old cattle town. Approx 25k pop. Sits right on 35 between KC & Wichita, the two largest metros in KS. So considerings its size, there are quite a few places to stay. However, 1500 and their crews overwhelm the capacity. ESU opens the dorms to fill the gap.

It is my understanding the event is capped due to lodging issue, otherwise it'd be even bigger.

Ottawa is an hr up the interstate. Smaller towns 30-40 min out have motels. And there are BnB.

Like an idiot, I was signed up at 8:01, hopped on the bike & spaced a place to stay. Duh! Hit me yesterday. Thanks to tech, found a Airbnb room downtown. Sharing bathroom, gf cringed. Told her she can live that Bohemian lifestyle she's always talking about!