PDA

View Full Version : Castelli Alpha - any experiences?

makoti
01-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Still looking at jackets. Came across this & wondered if anyone has used one &/or can compare it to one of the current Assos jackets. About $100 less than the best price I could find on a Bonka.

CPP
01-12-2015, 12:20 PM
I have one and like it a lot. It runs true to Castelli's fit which is athletic. It's one of Castelli's warmest jacket. The zipp inner thermal lining is really comfortable and warm. I really like the form fit. I wear an M in Assos and an M in Castelli.

makoti
01-12-2015, 01:06 PM
I have one and like it a lot. It runs true to Castelli's fit which is athletic. It's one of Castelli's warmest jacket. The zipp inner thermal lining is really comfortable and warm. I really like the form fit. I wear an M in Assos and an M in Castelli.

What would you say the temp range is for it? High & low?

CPP
01-12-2015, 01:31 PM
I used it with a very thin long sleeved base layer and it was warm at -1/0. I think with a short sleeved base it would get too warm at around 15. But you could always un zipp the outer layer.

makoti
01-12-2015, 01:44 PM
I used it with a very thin long sleeved base layer and it was warm at -1/0. I think with a short sleeved base it would get too warm at around 15. But you could always un zipp the outer layer.

Sounds like a good range to me. At 15c, I'll be in jersey & vest, I'm sure.

CPP
01-13-2015, 10:13 AM
Actually, the Castelli web site gives the Alpha a temperature rang of 0° to 12°Just about what I figured

Hls2k6
01-13-2015, 05:52 PM
I have both the Alpha jacket & the jersey. Breathes unbelievably well, wind proof, great race fit, and nice long sleeves. In the case of winter training rides, the range is much lower than Castelli publishes. I wore my jacket today for 2:00 of LT intervals with an Assos winter base. It was 18* F and 10 degrees colder with windchill. Over 35* and I'm reaching for the jersey.