PDA

View Full Version : this sucks

toytech
01-08-2015, 07:03 PM
I just had a bicep re attached and cant ride or wrench. grrrr.
Barely can type even.
Enjoy some rides for me will ya? :crap:
Thanks, Chris

avalonracing
01-08-2015, 07:06 PM
That does suck but it soon you'll be doing all the stuff that you want to do and appreciating the hell out of it. Have a good recovery- there are a lot of good books and movies to catch up on.

Louis
01-08-2015, 07:16 PM
TT, what caused it to become detached? (sounds painful)

toytech
01-08-2015, 07:23 PM
ruptured distal bicep tendon. Had to be detached and re attached for repair.
Only took work comp 2 years of dragging feet to get it fixed :D
I should be a 100% in a few months. Pretty useless right now though with my dominant arm immobilized.

MattTuck
01-08-2015, 07:32 PM
ruptured distal bicep tendon. Had to be detached and re attached for repair.
Only took work comp 2 years of dragging feet to get it fixed :D
I should be a 100% in a few months. Pretty useless right now though with my dominant arm immobilized.

Taylor Phinney has nicknamed his atrophied leg Chris Froome and his stronger/bulkier leg Andre Greipel.

8aaron8
01-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris

FlashUNC
01-08-2015, 07:44 PM
I feel your pain. Broken distal humerus a couple years back on my dominant arm. Just give it time and take the PT seriously. It'll get there.

toytech
01-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Thanks all!

Rebel_Biker
01-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Thanks all!

How did you do it? That is a common bodybuilding injury. I believe Ken Norton Jr also had a similar tear. And he played with it ruptured and had the surgery after the super bowl. The good news is that it usually heals well. The bad news is what you are dealing with now.

toytech
01-08-2015, 08:19 PM
How did you do it? That is a common bodybuilding injury. I believe Ken Norton Jr also had a similar tear. And he played with it ruptured and had the surgery after the super bowl. The good news is that it usually heals well. The bad news is what you are dealing with now.
Injured working on cars tossing wheels on and off etc. Lot of pulling with the bicep in 30 years of wrenching. (former mechanic, going back to school so I can teach it instead :banana: )

Rebel_Biker
01-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Injured working on cars tossing wheels on and off etc. Lot of pulling with the bicep in 30 years of wrenching. (former mechanic, going back to school so I can teach it instead :banana: )

good luck with the rehab and recovery

shovelhd
01-08-2015, 08:41 PM
good luck with the rehab and recovery

+1. I also have a torn bicep tendon, originally injured while surfing but made worse in a race crash. I opted for no surgery and the popeye effect.

R3awak3n
01-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I can't ride for the next 4/5 months. It sucks but what I keep telling myself is that at least its winter.

Hope you recover fast.

Rebel_Biker
01-08-2015, 08:46 PM
+1. I also have a torn bicep tendon, originally injured while surfing but made worse in a race crash. I opted for no surgery and the popeye effect.

So your bicep muscle is rolled up or down? I remember when Dorian Yates tore his bicep and won the olympia before he got surgery. I feel for you, does it still hurt or do you just have no strength?

Louis
01-08-2015, 08:53 PM
That dude needs to do a bit more of his workouts in the shade.

Rebel_Biker
01-08-2015, 09:03 PM
I can't imagine what it is like to tear that tendon. I used to body build and there were a lot of guys that have this injury. Most said the popping sound when it tore was scary. I had a friend who tore it bench pressing.

drsmile
01-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Working out is for the young... my workout consists of lifting my cane to shake it at the young whipper-snappers!

Ken Robb
01-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Working out is for the young... my workout consists of lifting my cane to shake it at the young whipper-snappers!

Bah! Humbug! I curl 6 ounces of red one-handed multiple times a night!