PDA

View Full Version : Parlee Z1 frame/fork/HS - 57cm

PoppaWheelie
01-01-2015, 04:50 PM
**SOLD** Thanks for the interest everyone!

I got the itch to build up a carbon uber bike a while ago and this is what came of it...this is a fantastic machine that I don't ride very often as most of my miles are in the cold/wet/dark/wind/rain of the early mornings.

I sought out a Z1 due to the glowing reports and claims that they have a very non-carbon'ish ride. I think that's about right...the ride on this bike is crisp and neutral without the dull plastic feeling that some carbon bikes seem to show. I wanted a light bike that had sturdy parts...as shown (no pedals or cages, heavy stem and saddle) it's 14lbs on the nose.

I'm selling the Z1 frame, Ouzo fork, King headset, Thomson seat post clamp and Parlee carbon derailleur clamp. Frame has a level top tube and is a 57cm square...57 top tube, 57 seat tube (measured center to center). The frame head tube is 16.5cm and the fork steerer is cut at a smidge longer than 23cm. I don't have a build sheet, but based on where the saddle sits in a 25mm setback post the seat tube angle is right around 73*.

Tubes are unidirectional carbon with 3k weave at the junctions. I was told that this frame has tubes that were USA sourced from Enve. I've probably put about 1500 miles on it over the past year.

Condition is great. There is some scuffing (shown in photos) around the derailleur clamp from where it was affixed with a standard crankset but otherwise the finish is nearly flawless...VERY few VERY minor finish scratches here and there that almost aren't worth the mention (can't even see them unless you're super close up and looking)....but in the name of full disclosure...

Nothing goofy with the handling...nice and neutral (not twitchy, not slow). The power transfer is nice and crisp but it's not a punishingly stiff frame. FWIW, that from the perspective of a 6'/175lb guy.

$1800 + shipping. Will split PP fees. Bike is in San Fran. DA 9000 shifters and derailleurs are also for sale.

Thx for reading!

metrotuned
01-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Amazing frameset. Great price ($7,000 retail)

binxnyrwarrsoul
01-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Argh!!! 2 cms and effing gone. Amazing frameset, a grail bike for sure. GLWS.

PoppaWheelie
01-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Thx all, 'tis a nice bike for sure...photographing it made me second guess my decision to sell, but it's gotta go. If you're on the fence, shoot me an offer...worst I can say is no thanks!

fa63
01-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Do you know how big of a tire can fit in the back?

PoppaWheelie
01-02-2015, 06:50 PM

I'll check when I get home tonight...

PoppaWheelie
01-03-2015, 12:14 AM

Well, thankfully Mr. Parlee is a sensible chap. I put a 28c Rivendell Ruffy Tuffy on a rim (biggest tire I have on hand) and it fits in the rear of the frame easily. There is probably 3/4 cm clearance around the brake (DA 9000), 3/4cm at the seat-tube and a little less than 1/2cm at the chainstays. No sweat.

Anything bigger is going to start to get tight at the chainstays...I'll eyeball the fork clearance to see how that looks compared to the rear.

PoppaWheelie
01-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Clearance at the front is pretty much identical to the brake clearance at the rear (Ouzo Pro, DA 9000). Ruffy Tuffy 28 goes through (on an A23 rim).

greengage
01-03-2015, 09:03 AM
That is an uber bike indeed. Absolutely gorgeous. If only my piggy banks were a little better fed... GLWS!

fa63
01-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Well, thankfully Mr. Parlee is a sensible chap. I put a 28c Rivendell Ruffy Tuffy on a rim (biggest tire I have on hand) and it fits in the rear of the frame easily. There is probably 3/4 cm clearance around the brake (DA 9000), 3/4cm at the seat-tube and a little less than 1/2cm at the chainstays. No sweat.

Anything bigger is going to start to get tight at the chainstays...I'll eyeball the fork clearance to see how that looks compared to the rear.

Crap, I was hoping you would say the opposite; now I have some thinking to do...

:)

thwart
01-03-2015, 10:37 AM
If that was 1 cm smaller in both dimensions I'd be in some trouble.

Says something about the overall used bike market that this frame is still available at that price… great seller, too.

PoppaWheelie
01-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Just back from a ride (holy moly the holidays robbed me of some fitness) and PMs are all responded to.

Couple add'l data points that have come up:

- Steerer is 1 1/8" (so is head-tube, obviously)
- BB is standard threaded (English), not press-fit, etc.
- 130 rear spacing
- Seat post required would be 27.2mm
- Serial available on request - PM me.

I wish I had the geometry sheet, but unfortunately that's not the case - sorry!

10-4
01-03-2015, 09:18 PM
If my new Gaulzetti weren't only a few weeks away, this would be mine. Perfect size, excellent condition, solid price. Damn.