PDA

View Full Version : Who rides the new S-Works shoes?

tlittlefield
12-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Looking to get some new shoes and really love the S-Works. They are pricey but have seen reviews that state they are one of the best out there.

Any reviews for users here?

AngryScientist
12-31-2014, 03:59 PM
many people like to poo-poo specialized, but it's my experience that everything they make is excellent. i have a lower end set of shoes from them and they are great, as well as a number of technical pieces of kit, never a complaint, so i bet the new s-works shoes are great.

that said, shoes are pretty particular, try and find a shop where you can try on and buy before committing big dollars.

shovelhd
12-31-2014, 04:14 PM
It's all I use, and you can't beat the lifetime warranty.

Ti Designs
12-31-2014, 04:33 PM
What size are you? I ask 'cause some guy bought a pair, mounted the cleats, used 'em maybe once - maybe, and just left them with me when he bought different shoes...

JasonF
12-31-2014, 04:37 PM
I used Sidi's exclusively for 20+ years and decided to give the S-Works shoe a try and I'll never go back.

They were blowing out the '74 road shoe and I missed the opportunity to pick up a pair of those in my size, although the reviews for those are somewhat mixed.

tlittlefield
12-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Hey Ti,
I am a 42 looking for white...

Wesley37
12-31-2014, 05:06 PM
it's all i use, and you can't beat the lifetime warranty.

+1

Bob Ross
12-31-2014, 05:49 PM
They have a lifetime warranty?!?!

Have they always offered that?

I bought a pair 3 or 4 years ago. Liked 'em enough...but not that much: When the heels wore out prematurely I bought a pair of Gaernes.

OtayBW
12-31-2014, 06:14 PM
What size are you? I ask 'cause some guy bought a pair, mounted the cleats, used 'em maybe once - maybe, and just left them with me when he bought different shoes...
44s here if available. Thx.

r_mutt
12-31-2014, 06:36 PM
the newest model, which came out perhaps 2-3 years ago, lost some of the older models volume, and subsequently lost me as a customer. i have a set of the new ones and the previous generations, and as stiff as the last one was, this newer model is even stiffer. great shoe, but my foot is too tall and broad for it. they do make a wider model in black, but i only wear white! i know, so vain...

i tried a Giro - not as stiff but fit was a bit better, and next up is the newest LG with BOA dials.

rando
12-31-2014, 06:56 PM
Traditionally S-works have one good hard climby 10K+ year before they lose that special something. They are "amazing" but get in knowing what the materials and construction's high and low points are.

shovelhd
12-31-2014, 06:58 PM

I am a 44, and about to buy a new pair. If this is what you have, PM me.

shovelhd
12-31-2014, 07:00 PM
They have a lifetime warranty?!?!

Have they always offered that?

I bought a pair 3 or 4 years ago. Liked 'em enough...but not that much: When the heels wore out prematurely I bought a pair of Gaernes.

All S-Works products have a limited lifetime warranty. That's why they're so expensive. I am on my third pair, the last two were replaced under warranty when the BOA's broke. There's nothing wrong with the ones I have now, they're just worn out and I want a new set.

snah
12-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Ti, I'm ready for a new pair of what you have is available, I'm a 45.5 or 46, looking for white. I have a pair of blacks that might have seen 2 rides that I could be persuaded to release.

jmeloy
12-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Ed, if they are a 47 holler at me?
J

weisan
12-31-2014, 11:48 PM
Ti pal, does your people leave behind 11 speed wheelsets or any Rapha apparels by any chance? I will take any sizes.

Tandem Rider
01-01-2015, 08:01 AM
I have a pair from a couple of years ago (Merry Christmas from Mrs TR), I prefer Sidi's so these are my backups and rain shoes. Best rain shoes I've ever owned. I swear they are dry before I am after a ride or race in the rain.

I have had to replace several of the Boa wires though. The first time I did it took an hour. The next time it was less than 10 minutes and I have a spare in my race bag.

Very nice shoes.

Ti Designs
01-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Ed, if they are a 47 holler at me?
J

Ding ding ding - we have a winner!!!

jmeloy
01-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Thanks Ed!