PDA

View Full Version : Remember that movie point break?

MattTuck
12-31-2014, 01:44 PM
Where the group of surfers goes around robbing banks to finance trips to where the best waves are?

What if we did that, but traveled to where the best cycling is and bought sweet custom bikes? Yes, that other cyclist bank robber got caught, but that's because he was using his bike as a get away vehicle AND it was a custom frame, easily traced. We could use cars for the actual heists.

Anyway, as I survey the scene outside my window, snow on the ground, sun already low in the sky starting to set (it is almost 3pm), 20 degrees... it seems like a reasonable plan.

Any one else interested? Bank robbery experience is a plus, since, you know, I've never done it. :banana:

jtakeda
12-31-2014, 01:46 PM
Your first mistake was posting a thread here.

Mr. Tuck, you have just started your trail of breadcrumbs ;)

MattTuck
12-31-2014, 01:55 PM
I posted on the bank robber's forum first, but those guys didn't see the appeal of riding custom. They were all about stock geometry, factory built wheels and SRAM. ;)

Also, they didn't appreciate my nuanced views on 100% merino wool vs. wool sports blends. I came here to fill my crew with more high-minded individuals. :help:

Getting on the trainer now, I'll have another hour to think about my plan while watching season 4 of The Wire. God knows what it will be after that...

Russity
12-31-2014, 02:04 PM
Give 'Brother Moozone' a call from NYC. He had razor sharp style and an eye for crime.

crownjewelwl
12-31-2014, 02:06 PM
If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

jtakeda
12-31-2014, 02:07 PM
I posted on the bank robber's forum first, but those guys didn't see the appeal of riding custom. They were all about stock geometry, factory built wheels and SRAM. ;)

Also, they didn't appreciate my nuanced views on 100% merino wool vs. wool sports blends. I came here to fill my crew with more high-minded individuals. :help:

Getting on the trainer now, I'll have another hour to think about my plan while watching season 4 of The Wire. God knows what it will be after that...

You came to the right place. I'll send you the strava segment for the escape.

christian
12-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Do I remember "Point Break"? Man, it's like you don't even know me, Johnny Utah.

vqdriver
12-31-2014, 02:12 PM
http://i.giphy.com/RRgUtSsRvEJlC.gif

Dr Luxurious
12-31-2014, 02:34 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ bwaaaaaahahhahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! ^^^^^^

callt5
12-31-2014, 03:30 PM
"I AM AN FBI AGENT"!!!!!!!:banana::banana:

christian
12-31-2014, 03:40 PM
vqdriver, you win the internet today.

avalonracing
12-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Your idea sounds like 100% Pure Adrenaline

vqdriver
12-31-2014, 03:43 PM
vqdriver, you win the internet today.

hahaha 😂

Rebel_Biker
12-31-2014, 04:00 PM
Love that movie for so many reasons.

It was great despite Keanu Reeves horrible acting.

Although I wish they picked a different school for him than Ohio State. I hate sharing my love with Buckeyes.

christian
12-31-2014, 04:14 PM
But I knew you wouldn't miss the fifty year storm, MattTuck.

MattTuck
12-31-2014, 04:16 PM
But I knew you wouldn't miss the fifty year storm, MattTuck.

More like the Giro-Tour double!

Repack Rider
01-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Swayze should have pulled the ripcord and watched Keanu plummet past.

But that's just me. And everybody else.

ptourkin
01-05-2015, 09:41 AM
For anyone interested in the non-sensational aspects of the surfing backstory in that movie, it was originally based on "Tapping the Source" by Kem Nunn - the best SoCal surfing novel ever. The movie got so ridiculous that Nunn's name disappeared from it. I always found the conceit in the movie that some superjock QB could come learn the sport which takes a lifetime to master so easily.
River's Edge and Bill and Ted were far better Keanu flicks...