Well cared for, but a tad large for me!

$80 shipped in the conus

rando
12-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Black with what color armband?

Very nice price on a very nice jersey.

thegunner
12-31-2014, 03:12 PM
white armband (which makes me think it's from pre-2013)

to be clear - i'm the second owner, but i think collectively it's been worn a total of 3 months in rotation with my team kit, so it's in pretty great condition :)

thegunner
01-03-2015, 09:59 AM
weekend bump :banana:

Shortsocks
01-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Someone please by this. It's 26 degrees out and I don't want the Mrs's on me for riding out because I have a "new" jersey.

thegunner
01-06-2015, 09:17 AM
it's a plain black jersey, who would ever notice another one? :p

blantonator
01-06-2015, 10:32 AM
can you post a post a picture? definitely interested.

j_roe
01-06-2015, 09:35 PM
pictures?

thegunner
01-08-2015, 07:20 PM
shoot me a pm and i'll send out some photos :)

also, in light of rapha's recent sale, call these $70

thegunner
01-20-2015, 06:43 PM
someone take these from me before i wear them again, besides, i have other... ahem projects to finance.

rando
01-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Is there more than one?

I keep hanging around hoping I can convince myself I want to join the dark legions in full black kit.

beeatnik
01-20-2015, 07:03 PM
How's the fit on this compared to the Super Lightweight?

thegunner
01-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Is there more than one?

I keep hanging around hoping I can convince myself I want to join the dark legions in full black kit.

nah only one

i'm honestly not sure! i've only owned a single rapha piece

rando
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
When new a PT jersey should fit like a second skin that needs to be stretched together to zip up. If you don't have the physique of a pro cyclist in season it will never fit right. Look at photos of team sky off the bike and remind yourself you can see who is 2 lbs overweight very clearly. Upsizing to disguise comfort weight doesn't work.

The Lightweight/Super Lightweight trend far away into American fit compared to the European pro fit of the pro team. The front is cut to disguise extra girth and overall it is fonder of softer angles and dimensions.

beeatnik
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
The super lightweight has a ton of stretch (and is race fit, i think) so a small fits great while I normally wear medium in the Club jersey.

How stretchy and short is the Pro jersey?

thegunner
01-20-2015, 07:26 PM
The super lightweight has a ton of stretch (and is race fit, i think) so a small fits great while I normally wear medium in the Club jersey.

How stretchy and short is the Pro jersey?

it's stretchy, but not as much as my castelli stuff. it's also too big for me, so i've never gotten to stretch it :)

rando
01-20-2015, 07:33 PM
PT will expose your navel standing upright. Flat backed in a long and low position you will never notice it bunching up.

Stretch is there but it is hesitant, wants to snap back into shape against the wind or other forces.

Shortsocks
01-20-2015, 08:12 PM

In every effort to help gunner sell this,because I don't want to buy it. (I actually do want to buy it :mad:)

This is smaller than the super light weight for sure. The proteam, is quite slim but them material is not as "cottony" feeling as the super light weight.

When I tried on both pro team and light weight in both XS and Small, the light weight was looser in the arms and stomach area, as well as the chest. And wrinkled up when I was bent over on the riding position.

The pro team's material IMO, is more of a Lycra/sheen material. Which to me felt like the plushest material I've ever felt. The lightweight was amazing UNTIL I tried on the proteam! and there was no going back.

If you're a tiny bit self conscious about a little, and I mean little bit of flub on the stomach, then you may want to think twice about the pro team. But if you want to feel close to Zero movement on your jersey when riding give the pro team a shot. It just fits where it needs to fit.

Shortsocks
01-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Seriously someone buy this from gunner.

If you're on the fence take a shot, you're not going to get a ProTeam Rapha Jersey this cheap, in few weeks closer to spring...and when you're out enjoying early spring and wishing you had a BadAss jersey....don't kick yourself

That and you can easily sell this and get at least your money back later.

thegunner
01-20-2015, 08:34 PM
well, this is sold!

maybe i shouldn't feel like i'm holding onto winter weight since this is LOOSE for me around the waist (about 1/2" too big on a 29 / 30" waistline)