PDA

View Full Version : OT: would you get an obituary?

Climb01742
03-29-2006, 06:23 PM
someone i knew in college died yesterday. today there was an obit about him in the new york times. what does an obit in the times signify? what does it say about your life, your accomplishments? would it make you feel -- what's the right word? -- significant, proud, good that your life warranted an obit? conversely, would your death passing unnoticed, save for a small inner circle, make you feel bad or insignificant. i'd never read an obit about someone i knew before. i never thought about my own obit before. is dieing unnoticed ok? is dieing noticed better? does dieing just suck?

shinomaster
03-29-2006, 06:31 PM
If I had a miserable, loathsome existance that was far below what I could have achieved, then an obituary in the Times or Globe would probably be looked at as a final insult..
However, If I had something to celebrate about my life, like a family, or an art career, or a wonderful group of friends then it seems a bit more fitting.

Fixed
03-29-2006, 06:32 PM
bro we live we die, mght not be today but it will happen .when you are gone and people say that was a good man that is what most of us can only hope for . i.m.h.o. cheers

JohnS
03-29-2006, 06:40 PM
I'd hate for anyone to be sad. I'd like everyone to stand around the casket and tell stories about what an @sshole I was. :)

Ray
03-29-2006, 06:47 PM
To me a big obit would be meaningless. If its because you did something truly worthwhile, its nice but totally insignificant compared to having done something worthwhile in the first place. More often, I think it just means you reached a certain level of fame in your lifetime, which is meaningless without some real accomplishment associated with it. It probably means you had a lot of acquaintences but doesn't say ***** about whether you had any friends or other people you really cared about. Or did anything meaningful, except in the rare case of those who actually did! Einstein comes to mind, maybe Hendrix - Cap Weinburger just died and I was not moved to tears but I hope his family was.

When I die, I hope my remaining family and friends will miss me and take some lessons from my life. That's the way I feel about my Dad in the aftermath of his death in December.

-Ray

Len J
03-29-2006, 06:49 PM
I'd hate for anyone to be sad. I'd like everyone to stand around the casket and tell stories about what an @sshole I was. :)

Have the best Wakes. No not just because there is drinking, rather because of the story telling. At a good irish Wake, people step up the entire time and tell stories about the deceased....there is laughing, crying, remembering, etc....mostly there is just healing.

Re Climb's original question. To me an Obit is about notifing people that might not otherwise know that you have passed....and where they might go to remember the deceased and support the living.

I feel like if I need a wonderful Obit in the NYT to determine if I had a good life, I probably didn't!.

I want people to remember me at my wake as I was, with all my warts.

But that's me.

len

Ozz
03-29-2006, 06:59 PM
A good old fashioned Irish Wake.... :beer:

uhh yeah, what Len said. :beer: :beer:

manet
03-29-2006, 07:02 PM
http://www.readership.org/content/editorial/gallery/obit/pix/Friendly.jpg

catulle
03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
someone i knew in college died yesterday. today there was an obit about him in the new york times. what does an obit in the times signify? what does it say about your life, your accomplishments? would it make you feel -- what's the right word? -- significant, proud, good that your life warranted an obit? conversely, would your death passing unnoticed, save for a small inner circle, make you feel bad or insignificant. i'd never read an obit about someone i knew before. i never thought about my own obit before. is dieing unnoticed ok? is dieing noticed better? does dieing just suck?

It just means that someone paid for the obituary. Maybe a rich relative or a happy widow. Yeah, I'd most certainly agree that dying sucks.

Sandy
03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't think that I have ever thought about an obituary , but I often think about death and my funeral. Perhaps this is a function of my age and the fact that my father, sister, and mother, all died from pancreatic cancer, a most deadly disease, and my father and sister died before the age of 60 and I am 65.

I was a loner for a long time until I met some wonderful cycling friends and visited the Serotta forum. I will always think that I was not the father, son, or husband that I should have been. I sometimes wonder how many people will even attend my funeral, and I wouldn't want that to be an embarrassment to my wife. I tell my wife that there will only be three- the mortician, she, and myself, and have told her that I will fill a couple of rows with dogs, so that there will be at least a moderate number attending my funeral. I guess these thoughts reflect upon my self image.

I would worry about my wife and my daughter and would hope that they would have healthy and happy lives after I was gone. I would think that I could have had a more productive and caring life towards others and not have been in the wholesale meat business. I would think that I sould have done something in my life that was more productive, enjoyable, caring, and meaningful.. I would have done something with dogs and/or people. I would have wished that I was more caring and giving to people. I would want people to stay in touch with my wife and daughter and help take care of them.

I would hope that some people would have thought that I had lived my life with integrity, kindness, and compassion for animals, both human and other. I wouldn't really want an obituary, but at least a death announcement.

I would have memories of my friends and wished that I had treated them well, whatever number there are of them.

I would worry about my wife and daughter.

I guess on my tombestone I would have wanted written the words- integrity, respect, and a love for family and dogs. I would wish that I deserved the inscription.

Sandy

dbrk
03-29-2006, 07:30 PM
...as Samuel Johnson put it - "in a course of drunken gaiety and gross sensuality, with intervals of study perhaps yet more criminal, with an avowed contempt of decency and order, a total disregard to every moral, and a resolute denial of every religious observation, he lived worthless and useless, and blazed out his youth and health in lavish voluptuousness".

dbrk

manet
03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
the only thing that delays my journey to the times' obits,
is a lingerie advertisement.

catulle
03-29-2006, 07:32 PM
...as Samuel Johnson put it - "in a course of drunken gaiety and gross sensuality, with intervals of study perhaps yet more criminal, with an avowed contempt of decency and order, a total disregard to every moral, and a resolute denial of every religious observation, he lived worthless and useless, and blazed out his youth and health in lavish voluptuousness".

dbrk

I like it here.

e-RICHIE
03-29-2006, 07:36 PM
was it nikki sudden?

Too Tall
03-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Maw sez that good peepole keeps ther namez outta th paper.

Dr. Doofus
03-29-2006, 07:53 PM
if I'm dead, it won't make any difference to me

Tom
03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Something along the lines of 'He lived a small insignificant life marked only by the mediocrity of both his successes and failures. His passing leaves no mark except perhaps to relieve the discomfort of those relatives who out of politeness and some sense of duty inflicted his company upon themselves'

Kevin
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM

You must be Irish :D

Kevin

Frankwurst
03-29-2006, 08:25 PM
I'd like for everyone to stand around the casket and say "Hey he's moving" :beer:

Lincoln
03-29-2006, 08:28 PM
if I'm dead, it won't any difference to me

Exactly.

My grandfather passed away two years ago. He had many significant accomplishments in his life (none were realted to finance, sports, entertainment etc.*) and had a positive impact on many lives. The NYT wrote a very lengthy obit (including picture), I have to admit it was nice for his family to see that bit of recognition--though he wouldn't have given a da*n.

I had my five minutes (didn't earn the whole 15) and I won't be but a mention in the local paper--which is exactly as it should be. If I am able to pass along some of what my parents and grandparents have taught me to my little girl then that is all the legacy I can hope for.

*Not that there is anything wrong with that.

asgelle
03-29-2006, 08:51 PM
It just means that someone paid for the obituary. Maybe a rich relative or a happy widow. Yeah, I'd most certainly agree that dying sucks.
That would be a death notice which is paid for like advertising and composed by the paying party. An obituary is editorial space controlled by the editors and written by the paper. An obituary means the paper thought the person's passing was worth noting.

JohnS
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
You must be Irish :D

KevinNope. Ukrainian-Slovak, but my wife is.

shinomaster
03-29-2006, 08:58 PM

dbrk

WOW! I hope someone someday writes something about me so eloquently.

e-RICHIE
03-29-2006, 09:01 PM
WOW! I hope someone someday writes something about me so eloquently.

owen moore has gone away
owin' more than he could pay

it doesn't really flow with shinomaster

christian
03-29-2006, 09:02 PM
I wanna get in the paper for livin', not dyin'! I'm still working on getting in the paper of record...

- Christian

shinomaster
03-29-2006, 09:06 PM
owen moore has gone away
owin' more than he could pay

it doesn't really flow with shinomaster

close enough..ha ha..

e-RICHIE
03-29-2006, 09:09 PM
I wanna get in the paper for livin', not dyin'! I'm still working on getting in the paper of record...

- Christian

would that be the science monitor, christian?

fiamme red
03-29-2006, 09:17 PM

- ChristianLondon Free Press?

http://www.lfpress.com/specialsections/christianlife.html

Chief
03-29-2006, 09:18 PM
if I'm dead, it won't any difference to me

manet
03-29-2006, 09:21 PM
would that be the science monitor, christian?

http://www.anes.uab.edu/aneshist/laughing_gas.jpg

manet
03-29-2006, 09:27 PM
sorry, this one is more interesting:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sohoblues.com/SoHoBlues/previewpages/preview40.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sohoblues.com/SoHoBlues/previewpages/previewpage40.htm&h=500&w=337&sz=55&tbnid=jBFaSxwHVJKdzM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=85&hl=en&start=22&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlaughing%2Bgas%26start%3D20%26svnum%3 D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Ginger
03-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Mom always said: I don't want anyone to remember me for how I died, but how I lived. Remember me on my birthday, not the day I die.

To answer your question...I don't think so, not unless I wrote it myself. My family isn't much on publications.

Survived by: If you're reading this, you're one of the lucky ones!

bironi
03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
More eloquent than I.

Byron

spiderman
03-29-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't think that I have ever thought about an obituary , but I often think about death and my funeral. Perhaps this is a function of my age and the fact that my father, sister, and mother, all died from pancreatic cancer, a most deadly disease, and my father and sister died before the age of 60 and I am 65.

I was a loner for a long time until I met some wonderful cycling friends and visited the Serotta forum. I will always think that I was not the father, son, or husband that I should have been. I sometimes wonder how many people will even attend my funeral, and I wouldn't want that to be an embarrassment to my wife. I tell my wife that there will only be three- the mortician, she, and myself, and have told her that I will fill a couple of rows with dogs, so that there will be at least a moderate number attending my funeral. I guess these thoughts reflect upon my self image.

I would worry about my wife and my daughter and would hope that they would have healthy and happy lives after I was gone. I would think that I could have had a more productive and caring life towards others and not have been in the wholesale meat business. I would think that I sould have done something in my life that was more productive, enjoyable, caring, and meaningful.. I would have done something with dogs and/or people. I would have wished that I was more caring and giving to people. I would want people to stay in touch with my wife and daughter and help take care of them.I would hope that some people would have thought that I had lived my life with integrity, kindness, and compassion for animals, both human and other. I wouldn't really want an obituary, but at least a death announcement.

I would have memories of my friends and wished that I had treated them well, whatever number there are of them.

I guess on my tombestone I would have wanted written the words- integrity, respect, and a love for family and dogs. I would wish that I deserved the inscription.

Sandy
dear sandy,
you think deep thoughts
and i appreciate the way you express them.
climb this is quite a thread.
i've recently had a similar experience.
it wasn't the times i was reading
but the quarterly newsletter from my medical school.
my best friend died
and i had not heard anything about it...
the only obituary was only a sentence or two long
in the local paper that i found online.
he died after a 'three month battle with cancer'.
i called his wife and asked if there was anything i could do
but it seems contact with me just wasn't helpful.
it turns out,
he and his wife had just returned from europe where
he had begun feeling sick.
he was an anesthesiologist and died from cancer of the appendix.
i've contacted the members of my class who would have wanted to know
and feel lost as to what to do in order to have my friend remembered.
i haven't had any real support about a scholarship program or endowment...
...i just remember him...
and miss my friend
and wonder how something like this could have happened
and how i wasn't there for him...

slowgoing
03-29-2006, 09:49 PM
A 46 year old high school classmate of mine recently died of cancer. The news and a link to his obit made it to our class reunion email distribution list. The obit itself wasn’t that notable, but what was interesting was that the mortuary maintains a web site where friends and relatives could say a few words. It was very nice to read the comments, especially for those who of us who couldn’t attend the funeral. Although the web page for any particular deceased would only remain open for free for a month, but you could pay a fee to keep it open longer or even indefinitely. Nice additional source of revenue for the mortuary. Even death is high tech.

sc53
03-29-2006, 10:04 PM
About 10 years ago I started reading the obituaries in my paper of record, the Washington Post. Although I'm only (?) 53, and started doing this when I was only 43, you wouldn't believe how many times I've seen the obit of someone I knew or whose parents or kids I know. No one close really, but lots of people whose names I"m familiar with. One time, there was an obituary for "Sarah Clement" (my name!) and it was an 85-yr-old lady who lived in the next town over. I actually got a phone call from an out of town friend who somehow saw that one! As the previous poster said, obits are chosen and written by the editorial staff of the newspaper and my life will not have been worthy of that kind of recognition. I will leave many friends and hopefully family members (all the younger ones) who will remember me though (in an Irish wake sort of way).
Probably my coworkers will mark my passing also, because I'll likely still be working at 80 or so given the state of Social Security and the economy in general. My coworkers will be Pi$$ed when all my cases get dumped on their laps.

sellsworth
03-29-2006, 11:14 PM
I'd like for everyone to stand around the casket and say "Hey he's moving" :beer:

I'd like for everyone to stand around my casket and say "Wow, look at the quads on that guy!" And a few comments about making some small difference in the lifes of my family members, friends, and students would be appreciated as well.

andy mac
03-30-2006, 01:39 AM

I would worry about my wife and my daughter and would hope that they would have healthy and happy lives after I was gone. I would think that I could have had a more productive and caring life towards others and not have been in the wholesale meat business. I would think that I sould have done something in my life that was more productive, enjoyable, caring, and meaningful.. I would have done something with dogs and/or people. I would have wished that I was more caring and giving to people. I would want people to stay in touch with my wife and daughter and help take care of them.

I would hope that some people would have thought that I had lived my life with integrity, kindness, and compassion for animals, both human and other. I wouldn't really want an obituary, but at least a death announcement.

Sandy

sir sandy, do we need to slap you around? we miss you even when you don't post for a day.

meat makes me happy. as do your posts.

:beer:

catulle
03-30-2006, 02:41 AM
That would be a death notice which is paid for like advertising and composed by the paying party. An obituary is editorial space controlled by the editors and written by the paper. An obituary means the paper thought the person's passing was worth noting.

Oops, sorry. I apologize for the flippant and ill conceived post.

Climb01742
03-30-2006, 05:24 AM
in thinking about what makes a life "meaningful" or "notable" it's hard to separate what's simply a cliche or sentimental, from what is true. and the bar/threshold is personal. i'm not sure simply being a good person would be enough for me (honestly, i haven't lived up to that every day; getting better, but still much room for improvement.) somehow i'd like to make a difference, do good beyond my family and friends. is that ego or is that an ok wish?

i certainly don't know the "back story" of everyone here, so forgive me if this slights anyone, but i wonder who here might get the times treatment? richie, i bet. douglas? i wonder if dnovo has won some huge cases? if fly becomes fed chairman one day? i certainly hope that it is many many years before this question is answered and apologies if even thinking about it is morbid. i'm part irish...the darkness is in me.

one last random thought...my college classmate died of cancer too. it is everywhere.

Kevin
03-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Nope. Ukrainian-Slovak, but my wife is.

John,

We'll make you an honorary member of the tribe.

Kevin

William
03-30-2006, 06:48 AM
Obits & announcements are really meant for the living. Spreading the word of, and saying things that help others know of their passing as well as things that person might have done. Essentially helping them feel better by acknowledging a loved ones passing.

I'm with the folks who don't want a solemn funeral. Lighten up and talk about the good times. :banana:

William

Ray
03-30-2006, 06:49 AM
in thinking about what makes a life "meaningful" or "notable" it's hard to separate what's simply a cliche or sentimental, from what is true. and the bar/threshold is personal. i'm not sure simply being a good person would be enough for me (honestly, i haven't lived up to that every day; getting better, but still much room for improvement.) somehow i'd like to make a difference, do good beyond my family and friends. is that ego or is that an ok wish?
I think "doing good beyond family and friends" is way more than an OK wish. But I don't think it has a lot to do with what makes the papers. I know that in my field of endeavor, what makes the papers and gets the splashiest headlines is usually the very controversial project that's more or less spectacularly come undone. I've been in on some award winning projects and have made the papers more than a few times (local though - not the Times). But the BEST work I've done (the doing good beyond family and friends thing) were projects that nobody ever heard about outside of the communities involved because we solved problems and came up with good solutions that didn't generate a lot of noise. In a couple of cases, communities decided to make very few changes because after an exhaustive and honest look at the options and the tradeoffs, they came to the conclusion that nothing was very wrong and the solutions to the minor problems they had (which they'd gone in thinking of as big problems) would create other problems that would outweigh the good they would do in addressing the initial problems. These projects would NEVER get any presss, but the communities involved were very grateful to me for helping them work through the issues and helping them understand the tradeoffs involved in the decisions they were considering. Hugely satisfying personally and professionally, but no publicity.

So do good work and know that its appreciated by those it affects, but don't consider yourself a failure if the whole world doesn't know about it.

IMHO ATMO ETC

-Ray

Dr. Doofus
03-30-2006, 06:52 AM
"the 102-year-old was in the arms of his lover when shot by her jealous husband"

catulle
03-30-2006, 07:09 AM

i certainly don't know the "back story" of everyone here, so forgive me if this slights anyone, but i wonder who here might get the times treatment? richie, i bet. douglas? i wonder if dnovo has won some huge cases? if fly becomes fed chairman one day? i certainly hope that it is many many years before this question is answered and apologies if even thinking about it is morbid. i'm part irish...the darkness is in me.

one last random thought...my college classmate died of cancer too. it is everywhere.

My daughter, who is 16, recently founded an NGO with the purpose of helping underpriviliged children. She has been working with different social help programas for children for the past four years. She plans to dedicate her life to leading organizations geared toward helping underpriviliged children. She is a junior in a CT school at the present time and her college plans are being organized in terms of her ulterior objective.

Doing good beyond family and friends is of the essence. atmo

TimB
03-30-2006, 07:23 AM
I'd want to be remembered as the guy who woke up early to shovel the snow from the elderly neighbor's sidewalk before he went to work.

We can't all do great things, but doing small things can make us great.

Sandy
03-30-2006, 07:44 AM
"the 102-year-old was in the arms of his lover when shot by her jealous husband"

But was the 102-year-old man even alive when the jealous husband shot him? :)

Shooting Shotgun Sandy

Too Tall
03-30-2006, 07:47 AM
OK, I'll stop being a ja@ck@ss and answer seriously. My parents and theirs scanned the obits because it was a way to honor and make contact to show support for folks who they may have know and lost contact with or families who have shown kindness that touched their own lives. I'll admit to the same habit however using the obits as a way of informing the community at large is no longer a habit of my generation rather it is a connection to what is left of my parents. Myself am a throwback and hope someone will write a humble and even obit for me when I'm food for the worms so that folks who care to will show their support to my family and that's about the sum of it.

Sandy
03-30-2006, 07:48 AM
I'd want to be remembered as the guy who woke up early to shovel the snow from the elderly neighbor's sidewalk before he went to work.

We can't all do great things, but doing small things can make us great.

I'll remember that next winter during a heavy snow storm. I will email you my address. :)

Slowly Shoveling Snow Snowflake Sandy

PS- Your post is very meaningful. Wonderful thoughts.

Sandy
03-30-2006, 07:50 AM
OK, I'll stop being a ja@ck@ss and answer seriously. My parents and theirs scanned the obits because it was a way to honor and make contact to show support for folks who they may have know and lost contact with or families who have shown kindness that touched their own lives. I'll admit to the same habit however using the obits as a way of informing the community at large is no longer a habit of my generation rather it is a connection to what is left of my parents. Myself am a throwback and hope someone will write a humble and even obit for me when I'm food for the worms so that folks who care to will show their support to my family and that's about the sum of it.

I sometimes look at obituaries to see the ages at which people die. Unfortunately, many die at very early ages.

Sandy

L84dinr
03-30-2006, 08:01 AM

My Dad passed away from pancreatic cancer. At the time I had never heard of it. Most of the cancer Ihad heard of was lung cancer; stuff related to cigarettes. After dad contracted the disease, it was amazing how many people I heard had the same disease. It seemed like it was everywhere. Scary stuff.

I paid for an obit for Pops. One for a Denver Paper, One for a Kansas City Paper, and One for his hometown Paper of Lamonai, Iowa. He could've cared less about the obit. It was for the living... to clip and save. Which in itself sounds kinda wierd.

As for me, I told my wife I want a Party. I am going to streets paved with gold, and a mansion with fireproof floors. Have a beer on me.

Sandy
03-30-2006, 08:25 AM
My Dad passed away from pancreatic cancer. At the time I had never heard of it. Most of the cancer Ihad heard of was lung cancer; stuff related to cigarettes. After dad contracted the disease, it was amazing how many people I heard had the same disease. It seemed like it was everywhere. Scary stuff.

I paid for an obit for Pops. One for a Denver Paper, One for a Kansas City Paper, and One for his hometown Paper of Lamonai, Iowa. He could've cared less about the obit. It was for the living... to clip and save. Which in itself sounds kinda wierd.

As for me, I told my wife I want a Party. I am going to streets paved with gold, and a mansion with fireproof floors. Have a beer on me.

My father (59) sister (57) and mother (80) all died from pancreatic cancer.

Sandy

DfCas
03-30-2006, 09:04 AM
edited

Allez!
03-30-2006, 01:44 PM
William raises a good point - the obit is for the living. I was traveling in Montreal and was amazed by the quality of writing in the Montreal Gazette's obits, until then I hadn't really thought about this - I imagine it's tough gig, and and be hard to approach creatively. For my family's sake I'd want a through and compassionate obit along these lines (from Montreal Gazette) .....

OBITUARY IAN KNOWLTON HUME, O.C., D.C.L. It is with great sadness that we announce the peaceful passing of Ian Knowlton Hume at home in his ninety-second year, March 27, 2006. Devoted son of the late Edward and Gertrude (Knowlton) Hume. Dearly beloved husband of Melita (Fraser) Hume for sixty-four years. Loving father and father-in-law of Edward Hume, Pat Verhey, Margaret (Tom) Swift, Heather (John) Taylor, Laurel (Fred, deceased) Vickers and Vicki (Andy) Young. Cherished grandfather and great-grandfather of Todd (Sara), Jordan (Jacinthe), Dustin (Anita), Nat (Trina), Tracy (Marc), Jennifer (Deano), Carl (Mary-Ann) Jeffrey, Lindsay, Calvin, Brena, Logan, Jaime, Stuart and Julia. Dear brother and brother-in-law of Midge, Florence, Maizie, William (Carol), Myrna, Jim, Don, Mona and Jeannie and of the late Donald, Mildred, (Maitland), Dorothy (Maurice) and Molly. Uncle and great-uncle to numerous nieces and nephews. Ian received his B.A. (33), HSD (35) and DCL (91) from Bishop's University and was a highly respected high school teacher for thirty-five years. Over those years, he also dedicated his life to amateur sports as an athlete, coach, official and administrator, locally, provincially, across Canada and internationally. He represented Canada on the Canadian Olympic Association, the International Amateur Athletic Association and served as President of the Canadian Track and Field Association. Although Ian excelled in many sports, his lifetime passion was track and field. From his first award at the age of fourteen to his setting of world records in numerous events at the Masters level up until the age of eighty-five, he never lost the thrill of competition. Some of the highlights of his endeavours were being named to the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame as a builder and as an athlete, being awarded the Order of Canada, receiving an Honorary Doctorate of Civil Law from Bishop's University and being chosen as the recipient of the prestigious Dollard Morin Prize for Volunteerism. Ian was an exceptional man, gentle and thoughtful of others, with a humbleness and quiet dignity. Those who knew him had the utmost respect for his honesty, straightforwardness and strong work ethic. Those who knew him well, will never forget that twinkle in his eye that often preceeded his quick and clever wit. His legacy will live on in all those whose lives he has touched. The family wishes to express grateful thanks to the CLSCs' staff, caregivers and others for their support and dedicated care the last few years. Resting at Collins, Clarke MacGillivray White Funeral Home, 307 Riverside Drive, St. Lambert, 514-483-1870. Visitation: Thursday, March 30, 7 to 9 p.m. and Friday, March 31, 10 to 11 a.m. Funeral to follow in the chapel. Burial at 3 p.m. Hillhouse Cemetery, Brill Road, West Bolton. In lieu of flowers, donations in Ian Hume's honour to Bishop's University Athletic Association or University of Sherbrooke's Athletic Association, would be greatly appreciated.
Published in the Montreal Gazette on 3/30/2006.

Chief
03-30-2006, 02:37 PM