PDA

View Full Version : early 2015 resolution: more ride content here!

AngryScientist
12-27-2014, 05:46 PM
velotel and others mentioned that we should post more ride pictures, and i agree! i personally believe new threads in the general discussion section are the best place for them, because they keep the content fresh and visible. i believe sticky threads and seperate sections are good at first, but become "invisible".

SO - i'm going to try and post more about what we do here, weekly. less gear discussion and more "experience" discussion. I invite you all to help. take your camera with you out there. rides, skiing, water polo, basket weaving. whatever. post em if you got em.

AngryScientist
12-27-2014, 05:49 PM
glorious day in the NYC area today. approaching 60F and sunny. visibility for miles and miles. new crankset and chainring, smooth as silk coated in butter! clean, crisp air. what's there to complain about??

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kZEPNomCBSM/VJ8_rlrMz3I/AAAAAAAAB4U/mveketGRN7o/s1100/P1080404.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-evIhx3jgH34/VJ8_rviq2mI/AAAAAAAAB4Q/IO1c0kve1KE/s1100/P1080406.JPG

OK, one thing to complain about. i dropped my favorite mini pump as my cadence approached 1-million on the back side of a pretty decent hill. car almost immediately ran it over. RIP old friend.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MK_exsm36Ws/VJ8_rqhVi_I/AAAAAAAAB4M/mPbqyUg5rK0/s1000/P1080408.JPG

MattTuck
12-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Riding related activities from today: I visited this forum. :banana:

Nick, it is funny. I've been spending a bit of time on a site called styleforum.net

Those guys have threads that are thousands of pages long, I think some start as early as 2006, it is basically a separate forum for the discussion of the thread topic. They have one, no wait, two threads on Allen Edmonds shoes, and that's just for starters.

I do like the sentiment, for paceline, to have more riding content. I have some plans for rides in 2015 that I'll be documenting on here.

spiderman
12-27-2014, 06:19 PM
We had a birthday party today
At the alpine inn after a hike
Along the Mickelson trail
And planned our strategy
For tackling the 109 mile trek
And unique bike and camping
needs for each family(one month old to 74)/
Family member (b-I-l s/p B THA/RA)
Let the good times roll!

oldpotatoe
12-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Everytime I see the Moots fixie, I'm tempted to redo that to mine..be easy, got all the 'stuff'.

If ya have a good bike shop that also does blackburn, I'll bet they would replace that pump, even if ya ran over it..kinda warranty 'anything for any reason', type company.

majorpat
12-28-2014, 06:30 AM
So little snow in the Adirondacks, we took the kids on a bushwack to a short peak. Usually the snow is way too deep this time of year. Not a ride, but I thought about how perfect the dirt road would be for a fatbike!

aaronka
12-28-2014, 12:43 PM
I like it. Though I love geeking out on the gear, the ride is what it's truly all about. I'm in to post experiences in the new year... Thanks for the inspiration.