PDA

View Full Version : Terry Fly Ti

skip0327
12-27-2014, 09:25 AM
A fellow member is selling a Terry Fly Ti saddle. Does anyone have experience with this saddle? Thanks, Skip

mvrider
12-27-2014, 10:53 AM
My standard saddle, found on 4 of my bikes. Great if you like padding for your sit bones and cut-out for your privates. But I especially like the nubuck leather: secure without getting too sticky.

But as with any saddle, you'll have to try it to be sure that it'll work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNY rider
12-27-2014, 11:00 AM
I like them.
But who knows how they will work for you?
The ones being sold seem like a good chance to try one out at a very reasonable price.
Give it a try.

stronzo
12-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Other than the Brooks on my touring bike, it's the only saddle that's ever worked for me. The same Ti Terry Fly has sat atop my progressively nicer road bikes for a decade now. For reference, I'm a skinny dude (6'0", 140lbs) with fairly narrow hips.

Ken Robb
12-27-2014, 11:22 AM
The cut-out was a problem for me. The seam around the top of it cut into/chafed my skin and my parts got down into the hole. That was OK until I tried to move around on the saddle while those parts were stuck in the cut-out. My sit-bones were happy and maybe shorts with a thicker pad would have solved the problems but a B-17 is so comfy for me I gave up on the Terry.

Ralph
12-27-2014, 11:30 AM
There is no seam around cut out on these. Maybe on older model.

Ken Robb
12-27-2014, 01:14 PM
There is no seam around cut out on these. Maybe on older model.

That is probably true. I tried one long ago when they were newly introduced. I wrote to them about my problems with the saddle and I'll bet I wasn't the only one to do so hence the changed design. I think Terry offered a money-back guarantee to get riders to try their "radical" new design. :)

buddybikes
12-27-2014, 01:39 PM
How used is it? As any saddle, they can get saggy in the middle.

Ralph
12-27-2014, 03:03 PM
Almost not used. Doubt if you can tell it's ever been on a bike. Comes with the flat piece of hard paper that describes saddle and gives mounting instructions, that has a hole in it to hang it on display rack with. Like it comes new in bike shop. Description in classifieds is very accurate.

makoti
12-27-2014, 05:29 PM
I've had two. Pretty damn comfortable, but not light at all. Hold up well. I looked at those. Nice price. I use my current one on my mtn bike.

skip0327
12-27-2014, 10:14 PM
I appreciate the responses the group has provided. Of course saddles are highly subjective; it's never a bad thing to have different perspectives. Skip